Thread: Best sunglass option after cataract surgery

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Best sunglass option after cataract surgery

Hi all, I am working in the marketing department and I don’t know much about the eye care. I have been working in this field for just one month. One of my relatives asked me about the best sunglass option to buy as he is about to take the cataract surgery from a clinic in Toronto. As I was not sure about it, I thought to ask about it here. It would be great if someone can help me. Which will be the best sunglass for people to wear after taking the surgery? Which are the highly recommended ones after cataract eye surgery? Please share your suggestions.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Being a post cataract patient ....................................

Being a post cataract patient, a optician that went through a full schooling process, and also a manufacturer of optical lens dyes, that is right now designing a new lens tinting system, for India's largest optical lab network, I believe that I can give you some advice:

See only a professional optician, ..........................

and do not get the cheapest but the best optical lenses that can be tinted properly to your specific demands.

Most post people will be a bit light sensitive after the operation, so a very light tint is comfortable for all day wear.

The easiest and best lens material to tint and accept any color, light or dark, is non coated CR39. Any extra coatings you want to add can be added after the color application.

1) Any glasses you will purchase should have 100% UV protection to at least 400 nm.

2) A light brownish tint of up to 25% (your choice) will be the most comfortable for all day wear.

3) Get a pair of sunglasses in you prescription, tinted brown 60 to 70 % absorption, again for better contrast also in flat illumination.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    As per the forum rules you agreed to when you registered:

"This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are not allowed to post on the Board, although they can read posts and search topics."

All the professional Opticians on this site would love to help you solve your problems or answer your questions about your eye care and eye wear need! But vision and visual solutions can have thousands of correct as well as incorrect answers.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information