Thread: sanitelli 9000 edger problem

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

sanitelli 9000 edger problem

Immediately after she is turned on, my sanitelli 9000 is cutting the first lens with a flat bevel, even when it's programmed for a MTL or ZYL bevel. After the first lens is cut, everything is ok. I am having to cut a lens and throw it away just to be sure I don't ruin a lens with the wrong bevel. It doesn't happen every time, just intermittently.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i dont have an answer to your issue, as it had happened to me many time and was very random. other than watching it after the rough cut and seeing if it centered correctly on the bevel wheel....

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    i dont have an answer to your issue, as it had happened to me many time and was very random. other than watching it after the rough cut and seeing if it centered correctly on the bevel wheel....
    I had the same random issue a while back as well, just turned unit off and restarted with a re-calibration problem went away. (cross fingers)

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Is it cutting the first lens rather small? I had a Le 1000 that would occasionally cut a flat bevel and the sizing would be small. The issue was a build up of material on the feeler arms.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Is the LMU arm catching and going booooing on that first lens? Does the lens on the screen look WAY thicker than the lens actually is? Only time this has ever happened to me is when the LMU is catching on something, which has always been an intermittent problem.

If you turn it off and turn it on again does it repeat the same results every time? Or most times? Or sometimes? Is it just first thing in the morning?

The screws at the base of the LMU unit may be loose and it is shifting so it is catching on the little entrance to the grinding chamber, that or there is something on the little track, something sticky or a bit of swarf, clean it and re-seat it. I bet this is the problem.

Thread Information