Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it.

Comment

No hard feelings guys. Thanks for all the information provided earlier. Since the patient is having the same issue both times in the left eye, we will have them retest their vision with the doctor. The Dr mentioned the patient was leaning towards 1/4 point or 1/2 point power additional in the left eye but the Dr prescribed only 1/4 to be safe. We will have them check again to see if 1/2 is appropriate or maybe some astigmatism correction.

Comment

Originally posted by b0mbsquad1 View Post
        The Dr mentioned the patient was leaning towards 1/4 point or 1/2 point power additional in the left eye but the Dr prescribed only 1/4 to be safe. We will have them check again to see if 1/2 is appropriate or maybe some astigmatism correction.
        I have had nightmarish results with doctors who underminus people who then are also compensated (where the minus is usually -.12 or so less than the prescribed RX) No matter how much the "math" might say this should be correct it leaves patients feeling underminused. As amazing as the results from a well made compensated high quality backside atoric lens can be - if the original RX is off I feel it magnifies that into a pile of poo for the client/patient, making it your poo too.

Comment

I have done many of these frames and they need to be in 5 base lens; not a 3.5 or a 6.5. They are not designed to be adjusted and you must match the base curve of the frame with the RX lens. If that is done and they can't see well it is an RX issue! The -4 doesn't care much about any stinking base curve, they want the glasses to fit like when they tried on the demo and out they go.
          I would use 1.67 AR 5 base compensated slightly with some BI prism and they should be happy if RX is correct.

Do you over-refract with glasses on and trial lenses? That is the key to solving issues quickly and professionally.

On higher RX where we can't use a 5 base; we cut the lenses at a 5 base and notch out under the mountings at the same 5 base so it mounts properly in any base curve. We can put in a 0.50 BC or an 8 and it fits like a 5 base. They do take time on the edger but the patient is always happy.

Comment

1. Stupid frame. Tag is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by drk View Post
              1. Stupid frame. Tag is stupid.
              Why such harsh comments against a defenseless frame and brand that no longer exists?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
                Why such harsh comments against a defenseless frame and brand that no longer exists?
                Proves how stupid they are/were!

We used to sell a lot of tag. Especially the leather or alligator ones.

How the hell did they mess it up!?

Stupid tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
                  I have done many of these frames and they need to be in 5 base lens; not a 3.5 or a 6.5. They are not designed to be adjusted and you must match the base curve of the frame with the RX lens. If that is done and they can't see well it is an RX issue! The -4 doesn't care much about any stinking base curve, they want the glasses to fit like when they tried on the demo and out they go.
                  I would use 1.67 AR 5 base compensated slightly with some BI prism and they should be happy if RX is correct.

Do you over-refract with glasses on and trial lenses? That is the key to solving issues quickly and professionally.

On higher RX where we can't use a 5 base; we cut the lenses at a 5 base and notch out under the mountings at the same 5 base so it mounts properly in any base curve. We can put in a 0.50 BC or an 8 and it fits like a 5 base. They do take time on the edger but the patient is always happy.
                  Lab manager tried exactly this and it was the RX. Patient needs 4.25 in the left eye instead of 4.0. Right away said that was the issue and confirmed it multiple times. They have set up an appointment to get an official RX from the doc on Monday.

We will make a request to cut the lenses at a 5 base. Lab manager wants to stick with the SVxtreme instead of SVxtra. Do you have any experience/comments on Unity lenses and Tag frames?

Originally posted by Tallboy View Post
                  I have had nightmarish results with doctors who underminus people who then are also compensated (where the minus is usually -.12 or so less than the prescribed RX) No matter how much the "math" might say this should be correct it leaves patients feeling underminused. As amazing as the results from a well made compensated high quality backside atoric lens can be - if the original RX is off I feel it magnifies that into a pile of poo for the client/patient, making it your poo too.
                  Yup. That was the case.
                  Last edited by b0mbsquad1; 01-21-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I just checked and the svxtreme is available in 5 6 and 8 base only. I don't know why your lab manager wants to stay in the xtreme, but its his money not mine! It is a lens designed for extreme wrap frames (hence the name). The Xtra or the SvX should be the two lenses on the option table for these glasses if Unity designs are a given. Good luck.

Comment

Time to use LenSync.

Comment

Amen! That's how you do it!Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-14 15.54.07.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	869712

Comment

You're going to think I'm strange, but when I see labwork like that, I get a tingle up the back of my leg.

Comment

Originally posted by drk View Post
                            You're going to think I'm strange, but when I see labwork like that, I get a tingle up the back of my leg.
                            Good or bad?

Comment

Chris Matthewsian

Comment

I consider myself pretty good at finishing sometimes, but that is fantastic work - obviously done on a much better edger than mine (and with Lensync software to make it purr?)

PS I'm right there sitting in the chair next to you DRK

Comment

Working...
                                X