Thread: Optiboard CANADA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Optiboard CANADA

I really like this Canadian forum of all things that relate to our daily struggle. I have ask many questions over the past years and have always gotten useful and sometimes some very funny responses.
    Last edited by haliopt; 12-16-2016 at 09:41 AM.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    (Hey, what about the new challenge for unlawful dispensing of eyeglasses launched by us and the Optimists?)
    There's nothing optimistic about it.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper OptiBoard is the best way of communicating optical thought exchanges ................

Quote Originally Posted by haliopt View Post

I really like this Canadian forum of all things that relate to our daily struggle. I have ask many questions over the past years and have always gotten useful and sometimes some very funny responses.

You are right, but Canadian opticians are with a few exceptions not using it enough.

I am a believer in the internet as one of the most important inventions ever made.

Instant messaging , no snail mail. You can advertise what you want. start your own website and learn how make it seen by the people you want to see it.

OptiBoard is the best way of communicating optical thought exchanges in the world, and more Canadian opticians should take the occasion given to them to use it more often.

Specially these days where so many people in the optical field are facing serious and mounting competition by online optical retailers, that are selling millions of pairs of glasses that would have been only sold by qualified opticians a few years back.

Optometrists can refract for an income, opticians can not, but all or most of them do sell glasses and are looking how the internet and other printed news medias are full of advertising for cheap eyeglasses, and also do make good sales doing so.

Times are obviously changing and Canadian opticians should get their act together, and use the best way of instant communication that has been presented to them by Steve Machol the owner of OptiBoard.

There tons of people, looking in to learn and see what is going on in this profession. Lately the Canadian side of this Forum has been pretty silent instead of showing that we are all alive and well, and ready to solve what has to be solved in a common goal.

Thread Information