Thread: NEED INPUT-ANYONE USING MAXIMEYES SOFTWARE

Question

Would like info from anyone using Maximeyes software

OptiBoard Apprentice

We have been using Maximeyes for a year in a small private single OD practice. We do not use all of the modules, but what we do use, I like very much. If we were using it to it's capacity, I think it would be fantastic, unfortunately the OD/owner is not very forward thinking and a little leery of technology, especially computers. I would recommend it as one to look closely at if you are considering practice management software. We did a lot of research prior to our decision and this was the only one to meet all of our needs (and then some).

If you want further info, feel free to e-mail me. I will be happy to answer any specific questions you have.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    We have used Maximeyes for a few years. We are Paperless (yet somehow still use tons of paper:-) we di everything through it. starting with booking appointments, patient info/records, routing sheets. In the exam all notes and rx's get entered. we take the RX print out to dispensary to help pt choose frame. enter item number which pull frame info. fill in lens specifications and all that comes back to me to order lenses or Cl's. I just skipped over the inventory. If it is used right you can look up your inventory by size, color, rep, company, material. What ever you specify I pull up my inventory by rep to prepare for their visit. they see what we have. what we have sold. the day it arrived and the day it sold. I recently went through and got rid of anything that has been sitting for a year or more. then you can do monthly totals and yearly overview. and I have nothing to do with how it is used for billing... it is a great program. I appreciate all that it does for me. If you enter info right the program covers and helps so much. Good luck

Optiwizard making films Audiyoda's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I know there are plenty of users of MaximEyes that love it - I don't. I put it right up there with Compulink's Eyecare Advantage. Both offer a ton of features and a module to fit every need. But once you get the software there's really nothing there - it's like buying a 2011 Corvette without the LS6 engine under the hood. So you go running back to the manufacturer wondering what to do - and they're happy to get those modules fully programmed for you - for a price.

EMR should be a turnkey operation. It should work right out of the box. Yet so many don't - but this is a cloistered industry and software vendors know it.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We have been using MaximEyes PM and EHR software since 1996. I highly recommend MaximEyes as the software easily integrate all aspects of our practice and every insurance claim is sent when we walk out the door.

The main reasons why we continue to use MaximEyes—and there are many—are the ability to easily customize the software to fit our needs, its ease of use, equipment integrations, built-in e-prescribing, and the Eyefinity-VSP Link and VSP Calculator.

As with anything new, including adding new PM/EHR software to your practice or upgrading to the latest version, it’s best to take one step at a time, or you and your staff will become overwhelmed. Learning a new process can be challenging in the beginning for everyone, no matter which software you choose. We have always welcomed other practices to come and see how we use the MaximEyes software program.

We recently upgraded to the latest version of MaximEyes and the customizations we had in the previous version and any new issues were promptly fixed during the upgrade process.

Another very important factor when upgrading any software program is you need to follow the suggestions from the software vendor as to the proper computer equipment. You should also hire someone local who is experienced to help you with installations, networking and upgrades. This person should also monitor your computers and service monthly. This has allowed us to be free of any computer hardware problems.

We made the right decision to stay with MaximEyes for more than 16 years. Our efficiency and income has increased over the years, and part of this is due to a great PM and EHR software. I understand there are new companies out there selling cloud software. We have seen many companies come and go. First insight is very stable and has a strong staff team. They are here for the long haul. You get what you to pay for.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiyoda View Post
    EMR should be a turnkey operation. It should work right out of the box. Yet so many don't - but this is a cloistered industry and software vendors know it.
    But that suggests that we all work alike - and we don't. Yes, it is a pain to have to customize for your practice, but in the long haul that's what you want, not something 'close' to how you work that you are constantly 'working around'. I used to train Maximeyes and yes, it's a total pain to have to do the customization but their software modules all integrate very nicely. Beginning with new software is really a pain but having the ability to customize it will be a huge plus down the road. Developers use the phrase "Garbage In - Garbage Out". What you want is robust software so later on when you need to retrieve records they are presented to you in a clear and complete way. If you don't properly manage what goes in by customizing, you may not like what comes out when you need it.

We just started using NextGen, set up by someone who's never spent a minute in an optical dispensary; you can't believe the 'garbage' we're dealing with on a daily basis and yes, it will be even worse when we need to retrieve that trash in the future - uff da.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I've been using MaximEyes for 18 months now and just last week received the EHR incentive. I was formally using OfficeMate for my practice management, but after using trying their EHR realized I had better see what else is out there. I researched them all, but focused on the big 3 (OfficeMate, CompuLink and MaximEyes) because I still have another 30 years of practicing to go and wanted to make sure the company I chose was still going to be around then. I was not thrilled with OfficeMate's practice management module and their EHR was even worse. OfficeMate would have been the cheapest solution because I only had to add the EHR module, but I found the EHR to be awkward and hardly any of it could be customized. CompuLink and MaximEyes were both very customizable. The main difference was price. CompuLink was 3 times the price, so I expected it to be 3 times better, but in fact I didn't find it to be any better. I also had friends that had been using MaximEyes and recommended it. I decided to go with MaximEyes and have been very happy with my decision. Now I'm able to complete my exam documentation faster and with more detail than when I was on paper. The best part is that I can customize almost everything so that the program is basically thinking the same way I do as a doctor, thus making my exams more efficient. The other advantage to MaximEyes is the support. I can't speak to CompuLink's support, but OfficeMate's was horrible. When I was using OfficeMate and had an issue I would have to wait on hold for 5-10 minutes, then would have to leave a message for someone to call me back, if I were lucky someone would call me the next day, if I weren't no one would call. The most frustrating part was that every year the support would get worse, but the annual support fees would increase. With MaximEyes I'm usually able to get in touch with a live person within a minute of calling and they are very persistent about working on an issue until it is completely resolved. Good luck with your decision.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Anyone have pricing on any of these?
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Thread Information