Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: re: college of opticians of ontario

  1. #26
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In Flux
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,508
    In my opinion, when a man has the courage of his own conviction and is willing to back it up with his own dollars, that's the man I'll vote for, and that's the man that some members voted for.

    He didn't get on council for personal monetary gain, nor did he launch a lawsuit to seperate members from their dollars. He doesn't operate from a conflict of interest.

    He never thought Canada would be run like another third world country, he thought there were morals and ethics in this country and people's humanitarian rights were protected. In my opinion that's why he is standing his ground.

  2. #27
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    milton
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    I find it interesting that an ophthalmologist from Miami John Nelson just joined this group and his first comment is in regard to the College of Opticians of Ontario and the subject of this thread. Also there are two posters.....Revelation and revelation all of whom share the same views as idispense and revelation just joined us as well.
    Does idispense really have to invent posters to agree with himself to try to sway opinion on this board?
    Just my observations...................
    Miami John Nelson contributed 2 posts and here it was the second post
    secondly there are 2 poster one is Revelation and another poster revlation, different spelling
    being a member of the college of opticians of ontario, i highly recommend you have your eyes examined

  3. #28
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In Flux
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post
    Even stupider is to continue the suit and escalate the case to win zilch! Like my first post said, just making the lawyers richer.


    Equate it to mere dollars if you wish, but if you do then you are the bigger loser.

    If he wins against the College of Physicians and their review board and wins against the Dr as well as the College then it's a win for all Canadians and their humanitarian rights as well as opticians.

    What would be a huge loss and disservice to optician members would be to do as you suggest -- settle for 50,000.00 and a Non Disclosure Agreement -- that would hide everything from full disclosure and accountability to the membership, and after all it's their rights and their money.

    If membership was smart they'd disassociate the council from membership funding and they'd equalize the playing field as well as start funding this previous council member to protect his rights.

    Membership has a right to transparency, accountability and a voice in this matter.

  4. #29
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by norman.kane View Post
    Miami John Nelson contributed 2 posts and here it was the second post
    secondly there are 2 poster one is Revelation and another poster revlation, different spelling
    being a member of the college of opticians of ontario, i highly recommend you have your eyes examined
    I find this whole discussion rather humorous to be honest. Revelation is his biggest fan back to 2014, that's obvious. Even funnier is the three latest aka's Norman Kane, Revlation and John Nelson are all brand new registrants and first time posters, and yet they choose this very boring stale topic to comment on as their first??? I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

    Perhaps the shrink was right and can also diagnose multiple personality poster at no charge.

  5. #30
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In Flux
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,508
    Lab:
    Thanks for your Insight.

    Have you ever wondered what a shrink's diagnosis of the author of Harry Pottter would be prior to her becoming famous, had he only read her letters and communications to her publisher, without knowing or meeting either or knowing the context of her writings about people walking through walls and flying on brooms ?

    In the days of candles, before electricity, how would a shrink diagnose the notes and thoughts of Edison?

    In the days of Columbus when the world was thought to be flat, how would a shrink diagnose the notes and communications from Columbus without having the knowledge Columbus had ?

    Why don't we use membership funds to hire 2 shrink's , one a fresh graduate and one from the 1920's , to dissect from notes only, the minds of the POKEMON engineers ?


    Do you really want shrinks for hire postulating from a biased position and reaching conclusion based on info supplied from only one side in a legal battle ?

    Detract and deviate from the issue if you wish, but this newspaper article brings to light how optician membership funds are being used to upset the balance in a David vs Goliath battle. It's time membership put their foot down and dog eared some of their funds to support the other side in this battle. They might learn more.

  6. #31
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    milton
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    4
    highly recommend visiting 1. reddit.com outraged optician 2. yahoo news outraged optician
    read the comments
    there is no politics there
    here there is politics, no conscious
    there is no justice
    Last edited by norman.kane; 08-31-2016 at 10:11 AM.

  7. #32
    OptiBoard Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    on
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post
    I find this whole discussion rather humorous to be honest. Revelation is his biggest fan back to 2014, that's obvious. Even funnier is the three latest aka's Norman Kane, Revlation and John Nelson are all brand new registrants and first time posters, and yet they choose this very boring stale topic to comment on as their first??? I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

    Perhaps the shrink was right and can also diagnose multiple personality poster at no charge.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with being a fan or not. It has to do with justice and what is right. Jay and Chris have both been defamed by the college and some of its officials. In addition, Jay was subjected to the college wasting the members money to try to get dirt on him by giving his e-mails to a shrink who likely charged good bucks to come up with absurdities. Even if I was not a fan of Jay (and I am not) I would protest this action by the college for wasting the members money. Why are you defending them? Why are you not protesting all of this? I suspect you lack the insight that you claim to have.

  8. #33
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In Flux
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,508
    When opticians are giving thought to this case and where to spend their subscription and memberships money, they might want to give some thought to this:

    1) who brought Plimmer to justice ? (A) Regulatory Boards ?
    (B) Associations ?
    (C) Peter Silverman ?

    2) who brought Bergez to justice ? (A) Optometry Regulatory Boards ?
    (B) Opticianry Boards ?
    (C) Associations ?
    (D) Health Minister ?
    (E) Attorney General ?

    3) who did anything to stop internet vendors ?

    4) what's your money buying ?

    5) what is your money supporting in this case ? Are you proud of that ?

  9. #34
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakville
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by norman.kane View Post
    Miami John Nelson contributed 2 posts and here it was the second post
    secondly there are 2 poster one is Revelation and another poster revlation, different spelling
    being a member of the college of opticians of ontario, i highly recommend you have your eyes examined
    Norman........I respectfully disagree with you. John Nelson's first post was in this thread on August 29 @ 04:06am and his second one regarding Hilco was on the same day at 10:48am. Since 04:06am comes before 10:48 am his first post was here. Click on his name and his profile will come up and you can see both of his posts.

  10. #35
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    oakville, ontario
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    5
    theres a lot of politics by Lab Insight and Golfnorth here on optiboard
    even dr sean petterson of sarnia has the article on the internet
    there are lot of comments on yahoo and reddit, comments are without politics
    obviously these 2 posters [Lab Insight and Golfnorth] , both are against jay hakim and in my opinion have sympathy with the college and have no conscious, wonder how they sleep at night
    Last edited by revlation; 08-31-2016 at 05:56 PM.

  11. #36

  12. #37
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by revlation View Post
    theres a lot of politics by Lab Insight and Golfnorth here on optiboard
    even dr sean petterson of sarnia has the article on the internet
    there are lot of comments on yahoo and reddit, comments are without politics
    obviously these 2 posters [Lab Insight and Golfnorth] , both are against jay hakim and in my opinion have sympathy with the college and have no conscious, wonder how they sleep at night
    Thank you for your diagnosis. Now I will sleep much better.

  13. #38
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with being a fan or not. It has to do with justice and what is right. Jay and Chris have both been defamed by the college and some of its officials. In addition, Jay was subjected to the college wasting the members money to try to get dirt on him by giving his e-mails to a shrink who likely charged good bucks to come up with absurdities. Even if I was not a fan of Jay (and I am not) I would protest this action by the college for wasting the members money. Why are you defending them? Why are you not protesting all of this? I suspect you lack the insight that you claim to have.
    Simply put nobody cares, including its members. If they did, this whole thing would have already been settled a long time ago.

  14. #39
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by norman.kane View Post
    highly recommend visiting 1. reddit.com outraged optician 2. yahoo news outraged optician
    read the comments
    there is no politics there
    here there is politics, no conscious
    there is no justice
    Norman Kane and Norman.Kane are both the same posting aliases. Think somebody is looking for support for his own case??? It's rather a coincidence how his defence team is pictured recently with the plaintiff and is also the contributor to the second link on the same topic years ago. I don't support either side and don't really care, just stating the obvious.

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...-him-1.3734309

    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/marvin-...b_4716750.html

  15. #40
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    ontario
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    1
    my mail was hacked
    before i was gibson_star here
    i had to register again
    i am now gibson.star
    whats going on here, a couple of posters seem to be very unhappy

  16. #41
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakville
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by revlation View Post
    theres a lot of politics by Lab Insight and Golfnorth here on optiboard
    even dr sean petterson of sarnia has the article on the internet
    there are lot of comments on yahoo and reddit, comments are without politics
    obviously these 2 posters [Lab Insight and Golfnorth] , both are against jay hakim and in my opinion have sympathy with the college and have no conscious, wonder how they sleep at night
    Nothing could be further from the truth Gary

  17. #42
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    oakville, ontario
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    Nothing could be further from the truth Gary
    sorry bryan i am not gary, try elsewhere

  18. #43
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    Nothing could be further from the truth Gary
    Gary is idispense. Golfnorth, you are the only sensible contributor in this thread.

  19. #44
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dorval, a suburb of Montreal in a park like environment on Lake St.Louis.
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    21,423

    Blue Jumper There are already 5 threads listed below dating back to the year 2006..............

    This has become a real I said, you said, discussion, that gets nowhere.

    There are already 5 threads listed below dating back to the year 2006 with n the same or similar arguments.........kiddy style.

    No wonder that the large corporations in this profession are getting a better foot hold in the retail business by the minute, as time goes by.
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  20. #45
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    This has become a real I said, you said, discussion, that gets nowhere.

    There are already 5 threads listed below dating back to the year 2006 with n the same or similar arguments.........kiddy style.

    No wonder that the large corporations in this profession are getting a better foot hold in the retail business by the minute, as time goes by.
    Chris, you are correct. Although a sad reality, times have changed and nobody cares about the politics anymore. It's become a world of self survival.

  21. #46
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dorval, a suburb of Montreal in a park like environment on Lake St.Louis.
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    21,423

    Redhot Jumper Although a sad reality, times have changed ..........................

    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

    Chris, you are correct. Although a sad reality, times have changed and nobody cares about the politics anymore. It's become a world of self survival.

    Thank you ............you just said it.
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  22. #47
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    411
    Funny how the political hype bull****ters turn to crickets so quickly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Details of Claim Against College of Opticians of Ontario
    By Revelation in forum Canadian Discussion Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 04:47 PM
  2. College of Opticians of Ontario/ Huffingtonpost
    By norman kane in forum Canadian Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 09:45 AM
  3. college of opticians of ontario registrar moves on to........
    By norman kane in forum Canadian Discussion Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 01:46 PM
  4. College of Opticians of Ontario & Optometrists
    By Refractingoptician.com in forum Canadian Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 08:14 AM
  5. Corruption in the College of Opticians of Ontario
    By Leslie in forum Canadian Discussion Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 11:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics, Carl Zeiss Vision Inc., Vision Equipment, Optitech USA and The Optical Group