Thread: 10 Retail Trends Of The Future ............................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper 10 Retail Trends Of The Future ............................

10 Retail Trends Of The Future

March 2, 2016 By Cathy

The last five years in retailing has been challenging. Optical retailing has it’s own challenges, with brand licensing changes, the gap between wholesale and retail narrowing, managed care taking a big bite out of profits, the growth of online retailers, smartphone technology, disruptors such as Warby Parker and higher consumer expectations.

Accessory Magazine via Planet Retail Report The Future
    of Retail: 10 Trends of Tomorrow provides valuable insight as to where the market for both retailers and eyecare professionals are going.

see all of it: ============>
    http://www.theopticalvisionsite.com/...-of-the-future

Occupation
    Watched Fox Business this morning and it was reported that many of the traditional retailers such as Macy's, Nordstrom's, etc. are not doing too well. Consumers are flocking to Amazon and other internet sellers.

I don't know about you but I buy most of my clothing online from LL Bean. Ain't no way I'm going to go schlepping through a mall for a shirt. In fact I haven't been in a mall for anything in over two years. We have recently taken to doing a lot of grocery shopping online. Don't use Staples anymore, order it all on line. Need a TV. Call the good folks at Newegg. About the only retail establishment that we use is our local Ace Hardware store. Been screwed over by Home Depot and Lowes too many times.

Its all about convenience.

Today, You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant or delivered next day right to your door.

Occupation

Blue Jumper Dick you are totally right. ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post

I don't know about you but I buy most of my clothing online from LL Bean. Ain't no way I'm going to go schlepping through a mall for a shirt.

Its all about convenience.

Dick you are totally right. And I would bet that most the posters here are doing the same when it is for their personal interest.

2 years ago when my office air conditioner/heater, in my Naples house went on the "fritz", and Home Depot did not have any in stock on some Thursday, I called Amazon at 3 pm and had it UPS delivered one at half price the following day by 11 am, out of New York.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So my hubbie got a new job and needed new clothes. We went to the local department store and it was a mess...pants everywhere, on the floor, hanging off the shelves and in messy piles. In the end, we couldn't find the size and style he was looking for (nothing special just a pair of izod khakis). So we went home and went on Amazon and now have several pairs on their way. If we were able to find what we were looking for, we would have bought them local. My favorite facial cream place doesn't have a store around here. Closest place is 1.5 hrs away, so I order online. And I use Ebates also. My little check from them goes into my Christmas account. Win win. Yup...a lot of people are turning to the internet.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper And I use Ebates also .............................

Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post

................. My favorite facial cream place doesn't have a store around here. Closest place is 1.5 hrs away, so I order online. And I use Ebates also. My little check from them goes into my Christmas account. Win win. Yup...a lot of people are turning to the internet.

I just learned something new about Ebates, thank you.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I just learned something new about Ebates, thank you.
    I don't order a ton online, but when I do, I use Ebates. My last quarterly check was $15... not a ton, but enough to pay for a DVD or something for my Santa fund. (Helps fill the stockings!) Totally worth using.

Thread Information