Thread: Nikon Eyes availability

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Nikon Eyes availability

I had a patient in yesterday needing (and only wanting) one lens replaced. It appears to be the Nikon Eyes Advanced lens.
    I've struck out in trying to order it from my independent, and my Essilor labs. Does anyone know who can supply this?
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They advertise the product through Walmart. Michigan is pretty limited these days in manufacturers as we only have two independent labs left, the rest are essilor, hoya, and zeiss.

Sounds like you missed a great opportunity to educate and make a patient happy by offering a discount on new lenses?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Unfortunately, it was my manager. He's an ace at sales, but couldn't talk the patient into getting a new pair. (One of those very price conscious shoppers.) After seeing your post, I called the patient. They're still adamant that only one lens will be replaced, so they're going to Walmart to get the lens.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
    They advertise the product through Walmart. Michigan is pretty limited these days in manufacturers as we only have two independent labs left, the rest are essilor, hoya, and zeiss.

Sounds like you missed a great opportunity to educate and make a patient happy by offering a discount on new lenses?
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by icmor View Post
    Unfortunately, it was my manager. He's an ace at sales, but couldn't talk the patient into getting a new pair. (One of those very price conscious shoppers.) After seeing your post, I called the patient. They're still adamant that only one lens will be replaced, so they're going to Walmart to get the lens.
    I like to think that those aren't our patients, anyway. The good news is, you were trying to be as accommodating as possible, so if they run in to problems with Walmart, you are still in position to make a sale.

Thread Information