Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LenSync is going to NY for Expo.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

LenSync is going to NY for Expo.

https://youtu.be/RF57mIuO2tM

The lens portal and brand for Independent ECP's from Independent Wholesale Labs that streamlines the process for all. We will be showing at Booth LP7624 with Optivision.
    Please stop by and say hello to Craig, Harry or Dave.
    https://youtu.be/RF57mIuO2tM

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please stop by the booth and see what the system can do when attached to a Santinelli ME1200; huge efficiency gains and repeatability when attached to any edger. This is a game changer for edgers and what you can do with them when attached to a PC.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is very well thought-out system that can provide outstanding benefits to independents. I encourage all of you who want to see an improvement in efficiency, quality, and your bottom line to stop by and view this visionary new tool. You will be glad you did.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    How was the show?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Plausible View Post
    How was the show?
    Thanks for asking.
    We met with numerous independent wholesale labs and we got 100% agreement to work with us going forward. They see the benefits in using a platform approach going forward and they want to be the future of our industry.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    You bet!!! Just wondering how busy it was, would love to go sometime in the future.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Plausible View Post
    You bet!!! Just wondering how busy it was, would love to go sometime in the future.
    Too busy, I lost my voice we gave so many presentations the love and support we were shown was truly beyond what I could have imagined. Thank you to everyone that took time out with us and I felt honored to be with such great people truly titans of our industry.

We got tons of great feedback and what was interesting was the people that immediately recognized that this platform wasn't for them, often spent another hour with us telling us how we could improve it and take additional steps. It was encouraging to see that even when they recognized it didn't work for their business they recognized it was a successful venture and they spent their valuable time with us to help guide us in the right direction. Thank you all, and now we understand the expectations and are strong enough to shoulder what's to come.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Now that you've made your debut, what are you going to do to introduce it to those of us that were not at VE?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for asking. We are setting it up with a few beta-testers and then it will be out on the streets in a few months.
    My store is first and then a few large retailers and labs will ensure we have all the bugs worked out.
    We are expecting a full launch by Expo West.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was weeping tears of joy watching the demo. When can I have it?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticneutral View Post
    I was weeping tears of joy watching the demo. When can I have it?
    Working on it for my machine first and then a few others to beta-test. To the masses in a few months.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave LenSync update! The communications are working perfectly!

We have had some delays but as of today we can send and pull work via the server; the round trip takes less than 2 seconds.

We are building out the database and how to bill folks but the hardest part is done; Harry and Dave have done a great job to get to this point. The wait is getting closer for beta-testers.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave We are ready for some testers of the system.

Please send me a message and we will set up a time to show you the system on a gotomeeting. Please include Name,email, edging equipment and phone number along with good times to schedule a meeting. I will send you a time with the opportunity to accept that time slot with a link for the meeting.

To use the system you will need to download and install Google Chrome as the browser for our system.

We look forward to hearing from you and showing you the Version 1.0 release.

Craig

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I have heard from the titans of the industry already; what about the rest of you?

I am getting great calls from folks who know me, Harry and Dave but this is for much more than that; don't wait to see what can change your business model today so there is a future for your business model now. This is for anyone who wants to provide eyewear in an improved process of design, flow and delivery with all finish control in the hands of the person who orders the glasses.

YES, THAT IS CORRECT, THE PERSON ORDERING THE GLASSES GETS TO TELL THE EQUIPMENT THAT WILL CUT THE WORK WHAT YOU WANT ON THAT JOB AND WILL GET WHAT YOU ASKED FOR!

We are changing the industry with a new way to building eyeglasses and the movers and shakers get it in spades but the slow to adapt are still slow to adapt and may die on the vine waiting to jump off at the right point.

CRAIG

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper there is nothing new to that, the slow are slow or ready to never adapt .............

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

We are changing the industry with a new way to building eyeglasses and the movers and shakers get it in spades but the slow to adapt are still slow to adapt and may die on the vine waiting to jump off at the right point.
    .........there is nothing new to that, the slow are slow or ready to never adapt.

I have a major player now being interested in something I thought was revolutionary, but never made it to a big time seller for the last 15 years, even after having patented the idea at that time.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper LenSync Update! We are live on all types of connections to the cloud.

As of today we can confirm the ability to connect and control remotely any edger, blocker or tracer via the serial port or the IP address on the equipment. This gives anyone the ability to control all aspects of the finishing at the time of order with no chance for anything to be not done; we can allow the ECP to tell any finishing lab how the bevel should be on all work!

The future of finishing is here and getting better everyday.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Can you explain what it does ? What does it cost ? What are the benefits !

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    Can you explain what it does ? What does it cost ? What are the benefits !
    You can log-in and on any computer build a pair of glasses and know what you are getting prior to hitting send; you can specify all aspects of the edging and it will automatically send the instructions to the edger it is run on. All jobs have a permanent record now as well for future use or to help figure out what wnet wrong the first time.
    If you are not sure what is the best way; the system will automatically insure everything is done the same specs as the demo lens and no bad work is allowed thru the computer. This will cost $1.25 per job with no set-up costs.

We can centrally control all the equipment in the optical industry remotely with custom lenses to follow in the near future.

This is the future of finishing and surfacing is not far behind. The cost of lenses is coming down and the quality is going up very soon.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In the initial post on this thread, there is a video that describes the process which may be helpful.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So any edger can be controlled up to the maximum capability of that particular make and model of machine? Is that correct?

If I understand, then we would only need to know which makes and models of edgers a supplier lab uses ? Or will the software select a lab that has the machinery to reproduce what is ordered on the appropriate capability machine ?

If a particular frame and Rx combination requires a milled shelf bevel to mount the lens then will I need to know that or will the software figure that out from the tracer information?
    Last edited by idispense; 07-24-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Other than a computer, is a remote tracer required at the retail store end ?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Yes, yes and yes.

So any edger can be controlled up to the maximum capability of that particular make and model of machine? Is that correct? yes, they would default to their given max or min if that did for some reason not be able to process a command.

If I understand, then we would only need to know which makes and models of edgers a supplier lab uses ? Or will the software select a lab that has the machinery to reproduce what is ordered on the appropriate capability machine ? Software will only let you select a machine capable of the job required but most labs and finishing houses have equipment that can do 99% it is the finish quality the will change slightly by machine.

If a particular frame and Rx combination requires a milled shelf bevel to mount the lens then will I need to know that or will the software figure that out from the tracer information?
    We will be able to it based on actual lens and frame automatically.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Other than a computer, is a remote tracer required at the retail store end ?
    Not at all, it could be used though if the quality was good enough for the lab to run the finished work on.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If a tracer is not required at the retail store end, how do you get the lens shape trace data ?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If a tracer is not required at the retail store end, how do you get the lens shape trace data ?
    cloud based information

Thread Information