Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automated drilling machine from super systems. Anyone used it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated drilling machine from super systems. Anyone used it?

Looks interesting. For $1395 it sounds like a steal IF it does a nice job, and that's a big if. Has anyone used one?

Fourteen of my family members (including: aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, grandparents...and a great uncle) are, or have been in optical and...that's just crazytown at Christmas

Originally posted by VisionAiry View Post
    Looks interesting. For $1395 it sounds like a steal IF it does a nice job, and that's a big if. Has anyone used one?

http://www.superoptical.com/small-la...hine-more-info
    Accuracy is not great, manual cnc not oma.

A harbor freight drill, 2 servos, an arduino with grbl shield total $160 can do the exact same thing and I would be suprised if that wasn't under the hood.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Comment

Dang, was kinda hoping this was for real. I can do a not so accurate job in 5 minutes. A lot longer if I'm being picky though, which is pretty much all the time
      Fourteen of my family members (including: aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, grandparents...and a great uncle) are, or have been in optical and...that's just crazytown at Christmas

Comment

Dang, was kinda hoping this was for real. I can do a not so accurate job in 5 minutes. A lot longer if I'm being picky though, which is pretty much all the time
        I would think once you got the hang of it, putting in coordinates would't be too difficult, but it's going to be cumbersome at first. I worked with one in an office a few years back filling in and the thing was wonky the quality was alright. If your plan is to produce high end rimless work it's not a good option, if your plan is to ramp up volume of rimless then it could work ignoring the initial learning curve.
        1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
        1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
        1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Comment

http://www.superoptical.com/small-la...hine-more-info
          We will have it at our booth in NY #7558. I have sold quite a few and zero complaints. I can send you the operations manual if you want. Everything we sell comes with a 30 day money back guarantee...less shipping. If returning needs to be clean and complete with original packing but I doubt if you would be unhappy with it.

Comment

Working...
          X