THE LARGEST PD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE LARGEST PD

Had a man in today who measured a pd of 82. wonder if anyone has measured anyone larger,as thats the largest i can ever remember doing.

All I can say is "WOW". That is huge!
    This is rude but in my neck of the woods that phenomenon is referred to as "wall-eyed".

Comment

"82mm"pd????? I didn't know this industry was doing eyewear for whales!

I actually measured a monocular pd of 30/39 on someone once. Just think about that one for a minute. Barnum & bailey need these guys!

Eyeguy01

Comment

The largest pd I remember making such an impression on me was an asian young lady of about 20 who had a pd of 72. I held my breath the whole time we were doing the final fit because she had high cheekbones, tiny flat bridge, and that wide pd. And the sweetest disposition!
        jP
        sigpic "The Good Lord gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb". ~ Lonestar

Comment

Harry,

What frame were you able to put him in?

Comment

With a pd like that must have been the shop window "frame" :D
            Was he a big guy or just eyes that were looking outwards.

Comment

To answer all questions, the gentlemen was about 6 foot 8 inches, and my guess was about 300 lbs and he was from Kenya. The pd was so large the pupilometer could not go out that far as they end at 77. I used a large rectangular frame i had that had a pd of 78. He put it on said he saw well and left. This is actually the second time this has happened. Use to see a lot of these large pds up in the north georgia mountains, but i.ll leave old Bob to comment on that.

Comment

Biggest I ever had was 78MM. You may want to call Guiness book to see if thats (82) a world record!

[This message has been edited by Matthew (edited 11-15-2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X