Thread: Tint High Index lenses in 4 to 8 Minutes to dark shades ..................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Tint High Index lenses in 4 to 8 Minutes to dark shades ..................

How about tinting high index lenses to dark shades in 4 to 8 minutes maximum.
    CR39 in 1 to 2 minutes.

With the new tinting technology of using high energy dyes, and do the actual tinting in a microwave you get fast results in no time.

Check it out at http://optochemicals.com/main.htm and scroll down to MicroTints to see all the links to it.

MICRO - TINTS ®

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Good old idea, but I have developed and patented my own solution which also could work with a microwave oven, but on working with a regular tinting equipment, this is what you may get when using our Tint Booster additive into the tinting tank. This requires of course good stirring. If not possible, you may dip your lenses into a tank containing this heated Tint Booster for 2 min, rinse with IPA and then dip the lenses into the regular tinting tank. Note that our Tint Booster is non toxic, and has a rose smelling which makes it quite enjoyable for female employees! In order to compensate for evaporation, we have also made the Tint Saver formula that after mixing with the right amount of DI water allows the bath to to keep on working the same, until all the color has been absorbed by the tinted lenses (on average a tinting bath of 1l should tint around 200 lenses). Bear also in mind that this is suitable for uncoated lenses and that MR8 which has become a standard for 1.6 index lenses is probably the most difficult one to tint...Another advantage of our system, is that on all hard coating lacquers we have tested, there is absolutely NO COLOUR CHANGE after coating (except if the lower quality lens tends to yellow by itself on curing the HC).
    Please see our chart for the most popular colors on MR8:
    Attachment 12441
    Quite fast, isn't it?

Occupation

Blue Jumper However MicroTints do work ....................

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Chemoptic View Post

Good old idea, but I have developed and patented my own solution which also could work with a microwave oven, but on working with a regular tinting equipment, this is what you may get when using our Tint Booster additive into the tinting tank.

Interesting .........it could also work with a microwave oven.

However MicroTints do work, fast and clean, from cold temperaure to a finished tinted lens in just a few minutes.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    There is also now a pre-tinted solution available in a 1.67 material (just released).

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by glassman View Post

There is also now a pre-tinted solution available in a 1.67 material (just released).
    Why would I buy a pre-tinted solution if I can tint them to any color I want in a few minutes ?

Thread Information