Safety frames z87-s stamped on the frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety frames z87-s stamped on the frame

Would you put no Safety lens into a frame that has a stap on it ao safety z87-2 I do not think we should but I was told the the pt retired and is not going to be using them as safy glasses.
    What would you do? What are the laws for frames that have that stamp?

I would appease the safety gods..........and simply have a fresh pair of safety lenses installed. Win/win!
    Eyes wide open

Comment

Z87 Stamp = Z87 Lenses!!

Comment

I agree with the above.
        ~Dustin B. AboC

"Laugh, or you will go crazy."

Comment

You can decertify the frame by filing the stamp off. All the stamp means is they meet Z87.1 or 2 safety standards. That way if the patient likes the style you can sell the frame as a dress pair. Document in patients file the decertification so if warranty work needs to be done any replacements are also decertified.
          Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
          ALT248=°

Comment

Originally posted by scriptfiller View Post
            You can decertify the frame by filing the stamp off. All the stamp means is they meet Z87.1 or 2 safety standards. That way if the patient likes the style you can sell the frame as a dress pair. Document in patients file the decertification so if warranty work needs to be done any replacements are also decertified.
            +1, remove Z 87, and put a set of non safety lenses in the frame. Document the action and have the patient acknowledge by signing a statement and agreeing to it.
            I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Comment

Personally I would not risk a lawsuit in the future by filing anything, removing anything, having a patient sign anything or in summary doing anything outside of the safety standards. Accidents are a thing of the past; someone gets hurt down the road and it may very well come back to bite you. Way too many sue happy people these days to risk it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Smith LDO View Post
                +1, remove Z 87, and put a set of non safety lenses in the frame. Document the action and have the patient acknowledge by signing a statement and agreeing to it.
                NO, just no.

Comment

Originally posted by Plausible View Post
                  Personally I would not risk a lawsuit in the future by filing anything, removing anything, having a patient sign anything or in summary doing anything outside of the safety standards. Accidents are a thing of the past; someone gets hurt down the road and it may very well come back to bite you. Way too many sue happy people these days to risk it.
                  I agree 100%. I had a lawyer friend tell me you can never sign away your right to sue.

Comment

I've always been told, "Safety frame? Safety lenses." No exceptions.
                    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Thanks I am thinking the same way safety frame safety lens. I know I read that some where but can not find it does anyone have anything on this?

Comment

Safety frame, safety lenses. Do not want safety lenses, do not pick a safety frame. Easy
                        Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Comment

This is a pt frame that wanted new lens should be safety lens but the opt. sold a gt2 poly but not safety lens.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeHamm View Post
                            I've always been told, "Safety frame? Safety lenses." No exceptions.
                            same here. Agree 100%

Comment

Just got word from are lab that a safety frame needs safety lens. They are remaking the lens for that pt

Comment

Working...
                              X