Thread: New blocker

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

New blocker

We are getting a New blocker the Ice 1200 are 9000 is not working that well anymore.We are also taking the LEX 1200 edger for a test drive will see how that works out I like the me 1200.
    Anyone else have these could you tell me how you like it.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Dave I sent you a PM
    Chris Martin
    Senior Sales Representative
    Coburn Technologies Inc
    Formerly GERBER COBURN
    55 Gerber Road East
    South Windsor, CT 06074

414.807.5393 (cell)
    chris.martin@coburntechnologies.com

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks I saw it we have a me 1000 that we are keeping and are very happy with Santinelli.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have the 980 tracer with a ME1200 and the new blocker will be installed next week and is already in the office. We bought at the show after using a 12 year old 9000, the 900 is perfect for what we need but the 1200 is the cat's meow if you want the auto features. They are the same but your 1200 has the lensometer features we did not use on the 9000.

There is no LEX 1200? Please PM me if you want to talk but we drank the juice and will not use anything but Santinelli inner lab.

Make sure you get the trivex wheels with the new edger and change it out when the swarf starts to build up in the machine; you need a new roughing wheel and your machine will be very happy for years to come.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    The lex 1200 is brand new it is replacing the lex 1000 with a few new things added. Its on there wed sight

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The value to me seemed to be the ME900 if you already getting a new 1200 blocker/tracer and you can do drills if your 1000 has an issue?
    I am sure you will be happy either way just trying to understand what the cost vs benefit is at this point for you. We are low volume and like the best toys but after owning both an ME1000 and the newer ME1200; the ME900 is the value and has the tools we use 99% of the time on the edger.

Do you use the trivex wheels on your ME1000?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    No we do not have trivex wheels on the me 1000. I just ran a report to see how many chemistry clips we sold so far for the year ( not very good for the size of are office 17 ) we have 12 exam lane and 5 Dr.
    We just want a edger that can do high wraped frames in office.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I have the ME-1200 with ICE-1200. Edger is amazing. Blocker has been freezing up a lot. Seems to be a issue with auto lensometer. Screen freezes and there is a loud noise coming from blocking area. The only way you can get it to stop is turning it off then back on. I've talked to everyone at Santinelli. I can't get any answers. Just that I need to write down everything it's doing and when it's doing it. If anyone is having this issue with the ice-1200 I would really like to know. If this is just a issue with Mine. Someone please let me know. Thanks in advance

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.P. View Post
    I have the ME-1200 with ICE-1200. Edger is amazing. Blocker has been freezing up a lot. Seems to be a issue with auto lensometer. Screen freezes and there is a loud noise coming from blocking area. The only way you can get it to stop is turning it off then back on. I've talked to everyone at Santinelli. I can't get any answers. Just that I need to write down everything it's doing and when it's doing it. If anyone is having this issue with the ice-1200 I would really like to know. If this is just a issue with Mine. Someone please let me know. Thanks in advance
    We just got are's in a few weeks ago and so far it is working good.Hope we do't get your problem.

Thread Information