Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABO test results Aug 2015

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

ABO test results Aug 2015

Anyone else waiting for Aug 2015 results? The wait is killing me. My coworker tested last year, got her results in 3 weeks, 3 days. Almost to week 5 for me... wondering if i should start studying again thinking I failed... really need this for my career and a nice $5 an hr raise!

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jillmattson11 View Post
    Anyone else waiting for Aug 2015 results? The wait is killing me. My coworker tested last year, got her results in 3 weeks, 3 days. Almost to week 5 for me... wondering if i should start studying again thinking I failed... really need this for my career and a nice $5 an hr raise!
    Patience. ABO results can take anywhere between 4 to 8 weeks....I had to wait almost the full 8 weeks for mine so just wait it out and keep checking your email. That is when you will receive your notification if you passed or failed.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Yes, it says to wait 4-6.... dying in the mean time. I'd like to get COA as well (I Otpo tech as well)... want to wait to study until I know I have to go back to the ABO if failed. I've been waking up with nightmares knowing I got one wrong lol

OptiBoard Professional Dustin.B's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Waiting on mine as well. Lol.... Wasn't there talk of them instituting instant results since its all computerized now?
    ~Dustin B. AboC

"Laugh, or you will go crazy."

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin.B View Post
    Waiting on mine as well. Lol.... Wasn't there talk of them instituting instant results since its all computerized now?
    Yeah, but who knows when. When did you take the test? What did you think of it? What study materials did you use?

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Yeah, it took about 8 weeks when I took mine in 2014. What's a real bummer is you don't know how you did. It's either pass or fail. I'd at least like to know the score I got.

If you studied hard, I'm sure you did fine.

Also, $5 an hour raise!! I got 50 cents.
    Robert Minardi ABO-AC
    https://robertminardi.com/

"If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    August 25th.

I felt the test was well worth the studying I did. The prism questions were everything I'd been told they were but I found a lot of common sense questions as well. "If a patient comes to you complaining of light flashes and mild pain you should... " C) send them to the OD. What did you make of it?
    As for study materials I used "Introduction to Opthalmic Optics" by D. Meister and J. Sheedy. Its out there as a free pdf and agressively informative. I found a few other sources out there but none so thorough. Seven months at this and I still have a lot to commit to memory.
    ~Dustin B. AboC

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

What resort will the ABO people meet at this year???

Quote Originally Posted by rmnrdi View Post
    It's either pass or fail. I'd at least like to know the score I got.

This frustrate me too, and why I like on line credits with tests that at the end tell you what you got incorrect.

I assume it's so they don't have to create a new test every year. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

So you get the ABO title and have no idea what you got wrong!!!

Now, that mistake will get corrected only when someone comes in with what you thought was right, wrong (if then)!!!
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 09-23-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: tweak...

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My co-worker and I are also waiting ... been doing this a long time but just now getting around to taking the test. We'll also get a little bump in pay so that will be nice for the holidays. I'll need to make sure the wife doesn't misplace any of my mail!
    The ABO was what we expected, fairly straight forward and a little challenging at some points (mostly trying to decipher what the question actually is trying to ask!) ... we are expecting our WA state boards will be much more challenging once we finish our hours up.

cs

Occupation
    They don't even have to give you the answer, they could just say you got an 85%. They could break it down by section as well.

Yeah Sphinx, the most challenging part of the test is finding out what they want and sorting through the sometimes extraneous info to arrive at an answer.

I'm preparing about 20 people to take the upcoming November test and my main focus is to get them ready for the way the test asks the questions.
    Robert Minardi ABO-AC

"If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done."
    -Thomas Jefferson

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    This wait is killing me also. I took my NCLE on August 24th and this is week 6. I had my ABO results in 5 weeks and 1 day when I took it in February this year. This is so stressful waiting.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    They graded my test at 9:56 am on 10/7 and my other coworkers at 9:57 am. We are just now waiting on the results email. I hope we both passed.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I took my test in August and STILL don't have my results. I called ABO-NCLE and was told that the results would be emailed this week. Nerves are shot...

Occupation
    How do you know what time they graded your test?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    When you sign up for the test they give you an ABO# and password. You also use those same login when you take your test at the testing center. The testing center uses testrac. Well if you go to the testrac about website you can login to print your test receipt or view test history. Well it also tells you when the test was taken and the date it was graded. https://app.testrac.com/abo-ncle/delivery

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I hope we all passed. Passed my abo in Feb in first try and now I want to pass my NCLE on first try also.

Occupation
    Wow, thank you!

Occupation
    OK, ten minutes after I check Testrac, I get my results. Passed!!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Got my results this morning, I passed! ^_^
    ~Dustin B. AboC

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congratulations! Welcome to the ABOC club

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Phew!

I passed! Longest 7 weeks ever, I was getting so worried. Now onto NCLE and COA....

Occupation
    Great Job Guys!!

Now it's time to start studying for the advanced!
    Robert Minardi ABO-AC

-Thomas Jefferson

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have 2 parts of the NC State Board exam left to take (this thursday ). The CL written and Optical Mfg. I heard that if I pass the NCLE I am exempted from the CL written part, correct? If I don't pass these parts this time, I'm signing up for the NCLE and hoping it helps.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    colem84, that is correct. You get out the CL written exam if you send the board a copy of your NCLE certificate. You still have to take CL practical board test, though.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

instant test results Nov 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by TM1984 View Post
    When you sign up for the test they give you an ABO# and password. You also use those same login when you take your test at the testing center. The testing center uses testrac. Well if you go to the testrac about website you can login to print your test receipt or view test history. Well it also tells you when the test was taken and the date it was graded. https://app.testrac.com/abo-ncle/delivery
    I just took my abo on November 20th and at the end of my test it said outcome passed. Now I just want to know what everyone else's email looked like that passed lol I'm just skeptical because it was an instant result. I will post a screen shot of mine or can someone show me what theirs looked like ?

Thread Information