Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ABO test results Aug 2015

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    anyone know when they were going to implement instant results? I just took my abo on the 20th of this month and had a passed result before walking out of the testing center? I am skeptical of the result because no one seems to know if it is accurate or do I need to wait?? has anyone heard anything?? im dyin over here haha

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by darejenn View Post
    I just took my abo on November 20th and at the end of my test it said outcome passed. Now I just want to know what everyone else's email looked like that passed lol I'm just skeptical because it was an instant result. I will post a screen shot of mine or can someone show me what theirs looked like ?
    How could you take a screen shot?

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Because it also gave me the option to have the results emailed to me so I have the email of the results page

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You should not be allowed to take screen shots, and this could disqualify you! These testing centers should not allow for that, because if you took a shot of the results, how will anyone know you did not takes shots of the test itself? This was not a real smart post.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's a dam screen shot of my email!!! They do not allow things in the test room do you really think I would jeopardize my test lol

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    At the end of my test the page came up with the test results it asked if I wanted to send to my email I said yes and so now I have a screen shot of my results from my EMAIL on my phone......I want to clarify once again that it is not a screen shot of the testing centers computer! I never said it was!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good.....that is what I assumed and was hoping, but it was not clear. Diane had asked above as well. Others have tried to do all kinds of things, so folks must know the ABO/NCLE requires serious levels of security at test sites that assure the integrity of the exam is maintained.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by darejenn View Post
    anyone know when they were going to implement instant results? I just took my abo on the 20th of this month and had a passed result before walking out of the testing center? I am skeptical of the result because no one seems to know if it is accurate or do I need to wait?? has anyone heard anything?? im dyin over here haha
    I got the same message then I called ABO they said to wait for results in 4-5 weeks. what were you results?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They said that if the screen said passed then you passed they take a bit to give you definitely results because they want to go over everyone's answers and look for possible cheating or assess how the new process of grading is working out that is what I was told. Once I got the final email I sent off for my license which I had by the end of December 2015

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

ABO Test Results

Quote Originally Posted by jillmattson11 View Post
    Anyone else waiting for Aug 2015 results? The wait is killing me. My coworker tested last year, got her results in 3 weeks, 3 days. Almost to week 5 for me... wondering if i should start studying again thinking I failed... really need this for my career and a nice $5 an hr raise!
    Is it just me or does ABO suck? They are rude on the phone especially, Tina. I took my test Feb 14th. I check PSI and still no result, I know when I took the test it said I passed. Anyone know how long it typically takes to get your final result?

Justin

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetdream View Post
    Is it just me or does ABO suck? They are rude on the phone especially, Tina. I took my test Feb 14th. I check PSI and still no result, I know when I took the test it said I passed. Anyone know how long it typically takes to get your final result?

Justin
    Typically results are 6 to 8 weeks after you take the exam. Now that they are doing instant scoring, who knows.

Plus if it already told you that you passed the exam, what more do you need?
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Since the ABO is not responsible to anyone you will get your results when they are good and ready to send them to you.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Here was my timeline when I took the test:

Took test early November 2014

Got Email stating I passed exam early January 2015

Got certificate mid to late February 2015

Must have patience.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just recently took the test, I got an instant result but I emailed ABO about it, because i thought you had to wait.The PSI people had no clue (they are useless) ABO said you get an instant result but have to wait 4 weeks for your Exam result. ?? anyone know?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by amarisbrook View Post
    I just recently took the test, I got an instant result but I emailed ABO about it, because i thought you had to wait.The PSI people had no clue (they are useless) ABO said you get an instant result but have to wait 4 weeks for your Exam result. ?? anyone know?
    PSI only provides the tests and a testing center. They deal with a number of organizations so they are not going to know about the ABO results.

As far as the instant results go, so far everyone I have talked to said that the instant result was pretty much legitimate and that the following email in 4 weeks confirms everything & that they did not suspect you of cheating during the exam. After that its the standard 4 to 8 weeks for your certificate to arrive

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey guys I am taking mine in August 2016 and they told me that we get our results right away after you take the test... I was hoping someone could give me more insights to the drop ball questions. I have taken a few pre test and each time I answer the questions regarding the drop ball, I get a different answer. So what is the answer to this questions. The diameter and weight of the steel ball used to test lenses for impact resistance in industrial safety eyewear is ......

a. 5/8 inch, 0.56 ounce
    b. 5/8 inch, 2.4 ounces
    c. 1 inch, 0.56 ounce
    d. 1 inch, 2.4 ounces

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know this is an older thread, but I just need to post this somewhere to get it off my chest. I took the abo-advanced this past Saturday. It was electronic, and I thought for sure I'd get my results right away ( as was the rumor ). I got an email that says " Here are you results!" but all it does is show me when I took it and when it was 'scored', but I don't know my score or if I passed or failed.
    TBH I think I failed, and that's why it didn't tell me right away. Now I'm waiting in limbo and this sucks. I may as well make testrac my home page since I'm checking that thing so much.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I took my ABO exam 2 days ago. After I hit the submit button on the computer, a screen popped up saying I passed. I had heard you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to get your results, so I'm not sure what to believe. The guy at the testing center told me "if it said you passed, then you passed"...so I'm pretty sure I passed. I didn't want to run around and tell all of my coworkers that I passed only to get an email saying I didn't . That would be my luck, ha ha!

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    You're good LivinLarge44, you passed. Congrats!

They changed the grading procedure for both the basic and advanced tests. For the most part, it's graded immediately. Although a friend of mine received a message after his test informing him he'd have to wait. I'm not sure why, but he got his results about 4 weeks later.

-Rob
    Robert Minardi ABO-AC
    https://robertminardi.com/

"If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done."
    -Thomas Jefferson

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you sir! Woo hoo

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    I just took my ABO exam! Wow! Once you finish the exam. The results are shown at the end after completing and finalizing your answers. It will say test completed with Passed or Fail. I passed so stressful lol being my first time. I always have test anxiety. I had a lot of of prism questions. But yeah know your equations and basic knowledge/diffinitions. Can't wait to get my certificate.

Occupation
    Congratulations!

Now you need to start studying for the advanced exam. You only have 3 years to prepare, so start crackin!

I take mine in 7 days.

-Rob
    Robert Minardi ABO-AC

"If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    So not only do I feel great about FINALLY taking and passing the ABO (woot woot!) but I get to take the Advanced in 2020! What a year that will be for my optical career!
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Occupation
    Then another 3 years after that, you'll be eligible for the Master Exam/Technical Articles/Paper/Case Study.

It could be any one of those or some combination thereof to achieve Master certification. Considering they change the requirements very frequently, it's hard to say.

-Rob
    Robert Minardi ABO-AC

-Thomas Jefferson

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I should really start on my ABOAC
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLarge44 View Post
    Thank you sir! Woo hoo
    What are your recommendations for studying?
    Last edited by Tallboy; 08-08-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Thread Information