Thread: EyeMed dead this morning?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

EyeMed dead this morning?

Can't log in to the provider portal.

Anyone else having this trouble today 7/25/2015?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    yes seams to be working now.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You can't kill it that easily. You need silver bullets and stakes to drive thru where the heart would be. Just kidding. sort of

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hehehe!

Looks like the vile beast has sprung back to life as well on my end here.

DARNIT!

;)
    Last edited by Uilleann; 07-30-2015 at 03:46 PM.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Lets see i didn't have any problems this morning as i don't belong to Eye Med or any other third party profiteering vision plans!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    With deep regret I am reporting that our office is contemplating taking Eye Med.
    Can I be enlightened as to what we are getting into?
    Do we have to use their lab or can I continue with mine? Frames.....do I have to use theirs or can I use mine?
    Lenses do I have to use what their lab supplies or do I get some choices?
    Does it take long to get paid from eye med?
    Should I be doing all I can to steer our office away from eye med and why?
    Third party plans are all new to me. I am lucky that I have been in this business for 30 plus years and never had to mess with them but it looks like my time may be numbered.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CCGREEN View Post
    Third party plans are all new to me. I am lucky that I have been in this business for 30 plus years and never had to mess with them but it looks like my time may be numbered.
    What I am jealous! We take eyemed...you have to use a participating lab. We use Walman for that and so far quality/ turn around time is good. You have to use their lenses, although I haven't run into an order that I couldn't order the lens that I wanted. You can use your own frames, but they have crazy requirements. So many at this price...so many in this size etc. I am not a fan. Than being said... I'm not a fan of any insurance. Not my choice, though. Hope your office decides not to take it!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Same here mervinek. I have no desire to play that ball game. If the office expects me to do the billing and all the research on who gets what and who pays when. And then the plan plays games with me and keeps stalling payment just to keep money in the bank. Then I do not nor do I want the ability to sort through all that stuff. I am a man of very little patients and very little tolerance of the games they play.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CCGREEN View Post
    With deep regret I am reporting that our office is contemplating taking Eye Med.
    Can I be enlightened as to what we are getting into? To me it feels like twice the work for on average 50 to 60% of the profit.
    Do we have to use their lab or can I continue with mine? The lab usually needs to be EM approved. Some here do it in house but be careful if you do. You eat the scratched lens etc. Frames.....do I have to use theirs or can I use mine? Yours. With some possible limitations
    Lenses do I have to use what their lab supplies or do I get some choices? gain some limitations apply. They must be on the labs list. And most usually are.
    Does it take long to get paid from eye med? No!
    Should I be doing all I can to steer our office away from eye med and why? Maybe yes maybe no. If you can keep a full appointment book without it why would you want another managed care plan that pays less?
    Third party plans are all new to me. I am lucky that I have been in this business for 30 plus years and never had to mess with them but it looks like my time may be numbered. Your time spent doing lab work will now be used instead chasing down and dealing with managed care issues. As the business turns more toward medical from the doc's position managed care will continue to get ever larger. C'est la vie.
    Each office will have to decide for themselves if it's worth it. There is no easy yes or no answer with Eye Med. See if you can get a contract copy to read closely.

Sorry for the hijack Uilleann...
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 08-27-2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: tweak...

O.D. Almost Retired
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    As an EyeMed provider for several years, I can only say that they pay promptly and well to the provider. The patient gets pretty much ripped off, but the docs and big L do quite well. I'm gonna drop it as soon as I can afford to. You have to use their labs except for those times they let you do in-office-finishing, which is not often.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So it looks like they're dead in the water again. Anyone else having troubles with their worthless site again this morning (12/30/2015)?? Just us out here??

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    So it looks like they're dead in the water again. Anyone else having troubles with their worthless site again this morning (12/30/2015)?? Just us out here??

Nope, they are down all over....Don't bother calling customer service because they cant do a damn thing either right now....Just waiting for VSP and Davis to both go down for the Trifecta S*** storm to hit
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yup. Same here. It's the end of the year. Why wouldn't they go down. Remember last year with Davis? Ugh. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen again!

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Eyemed seems to be working right now. A bit sluggish but working
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Thread Information