Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progressive Lens tips for an "essilor" practice

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Good luck Megab7176, but do not discount your detractors so quickly. You are getting some good advice - listening is up to you.
    When it comes in the form of putting down my skill and asking me to find what i'm doing wrong that i'm not getting referrals? I take offense to that. If I was not good at my job and I didn't care why the hell would I be in here looking for ideas to build my office up. Who wouldn't take offense to that.

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Try getting ahold of one of your frame reps and have them do a trunk show at your office. Promote the event all over your social media accounts and maybe use a few bucks to have inexpensive fliers produced to hand out in your office and around town to help drum up business
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Can an admin maybe bump these responses for Megab to another forum topic so that the OP isn't hijacked?

Megab, I will PM you.

Grubendol, the question you need answered is "why?" Why use essilor, why not Shamir, and why/why not something else?

Once you have the why, you can start accurately assessing the goals of the practice. Changing lens designs does nothing to help anybody if you aren't sure of why you are doing it. That includes the Dr. knowing why. If a product such as Shamir appeals to you, talk to the rep about getting free fits for the office so everyone can experience your why. Shamir is an Essilor company now, so you have full access to crizal AR and support from essilor labs.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Stick out tongue

Quote Originally Posted by newguyaroundhere View Post
    Try getting ahold of one of your frame reps and have them do a trunk show at your office. Promote the event all over your social media accounts and maybe use a few bucks to have inexpensive fliers produced to hand out in your office and around town to help drum up business
    Another great idea and right After vision expo! We carry some awesome frames here too. Our top seller is OVVO. Its beating out Ray-ban currently. If you guys have not hears of this frame you should get acquainted with it. Its a very tough frame that has a lot of cool looks, light as a feather, and its a good price. Geez... Now i sound like an OVVO rep...

Thread Information