Thread: I was surprised

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile I was surprised

I ordered a pair of glasses from a VSP One lab for a patient. Her rx is OD +2.75 -3.50 x048 OS +4.00 -6.25 x119 +1.50 add. She wanted the exact same thing she had in her old glasses, which were poly (ugh!). I received the glasses, and after a day or so there were stress cracks in the nasal of both eyes. I called the lab and told them what happened. I sent the frame back so they could redo them n/c. When I got them back, I shelved them for a few days, and the same thing happened. Checked the lenses under a polariscope, and sure enough, the high stress points were where the stress cracks were coming from. I talked to a very nice guy at the lab named Tom. I explained what happened again, and what I diagnosed. He completely agreed with me, and had me send them back to the lab manager. He personally took care of them after that point with the lab manager, and they were perfect when they came back. Even under the polariscope. Shelved them for a week, and no stress cracks came up.

With the crap we always hear about how bad the insurance labs are (and I've dealt with my fair share), I just had to say that even though it took time to get her glasses done, they were competent in getting things done with no complaint or blaming us. And they actually listened!!! It was a nice surprise
    "You can't think about it, you just gotta let your brain do the work....."
    my dad

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    it is nice you took the time and I did appreciate it. I am sure you also thanked the lab as well; it is easy to complain but we do need to point out folks who do it the right way for us.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I will say this about VSP: They are suuuuuuper nice to deal with on the phone. Whether it be the lab, or for billing, I have never had anyone rude or short with me. And plenty of times it was due to me making bone head mistakes and they still very cheerfully helped me.

Thread Information