Thread: SFW movies, shows, programs

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Lightbulb SFW movies, shows, programs

In our lobby we have a TV that is connected to computer for our patients and customers to watch while they are waiting on their exams, fittings, glasses to be adjusted, whatever. And we are tired of connecting it to the CNN website because it's all scandals and politics and we like to keep it light hearted. We typically have Friends on but even that show can sometimes get a little risque. Especially with the innuendo what comes on since we have music playing throughout the office so we have subtitles on. I was wondering, do you guys put Netflix on and put something on for your patients or do you have your own program that plays that is more geared towards medical/optical?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The Lego movie. Love it for everybody.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by The Optical Giant View Post
    The Lego movie. Love it for everybody.
    Everything is awesome!!! Although, they did terrible at the Oscars.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I do not sit in a waiting room to be entertained.

Perhaps your efforts should be more appropriately directed to reducing wait times. If you are unable to reduce your waiting time you might consider a buffet and service bar and lap dances for entertainment.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    I do not sit in a waiting room to be entertained.

Perhaps your efforts should be more appropriately directed to reducing wait times. If you are unable to reduce your waiting time you might consider a buffet and service bar and lap dances for entertainment.
    Good thing that We don't have problems with our wait times. We do see a lot of children that sit in our children's section with their parents while waiting and we do have a lot of walk ins that will wait for our opticians. We like to build a strong relationship with our clients and don't expect for them to wait 30-60 mins. They just do.

And I was thinking about having a topless optical in Vegas one day.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My dentist has a TV that always plays before and after teeth... You could do adds for AR and progressives ect. But if your concern is for the kids waiting, then do a good kids movie. Adults will still watch. Nemo is good.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    My dentist has a TV that always plays before and after teeth... You could do adds for AR and progressives ect. But if your concern is for the kids waiting, then do a good kids movie. Adults will still watch. Nemo is good.
    I was thinking that too. I know there are some programs out there that are more geared towards educational and health products. We are trying to entertain everyone and not put on the news about Aaron Schock or ISIS or Ferguson or Chicago bombing. It's so depressing.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am nervous about the news for young children. My daughter was 3 or 4 when the Boston marathon bombing happened. She saw it on the news and was able to tell us all about it, including who the bombers were. She can read too, so even with closed captioning, she would know what's going on. Even if the news was just about political junk with out the ISIS and terrorism, it gives me nightmares. Politicians. Ugh.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    It's so sad. Who wants to see that? Well I guess inquiring minds do. But the media is all about scandalous propaganda. That's not some a child should be able to access or hear about or read about on a daily basis, they can hardly process anything else without needing to take a nap or eat something.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You could use this opportunity to educate your clients and advertise your products. We show promotional videos from our eyewear brands an lens suppliers, those we get for free. Or make your own video, informing your clients about your business, your services and your team. Never miss an oppurtonity to remind your customers that they made the right choice by choosing your practice.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    You could use this opportunity to educate your clients and advertise your products. We show promotional videos from our eyewear brands an lens suppliers, those we get for free. Or make your own video, informing your clients about your business, your services and your team. Never miss an oppurtonity to remind your customers that they made the right choice by choosing your practice.
    Where do you get your information from? Do you just make a youtube playlist of things and just let it run over and over again or is there a specific program that you use for it?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by adreyyy View Post
    Where do you get your information from? Do you just make a youtube playlist of things and just let it run over and over again or is there a specific program that you use for it?
    We get it from our suppliers. A lot of them have free digital material available that can be used by most media players. We have videos from Zeiss, Lindberg, Ciba Vision, Serengeti and more. You can also find them on youtube.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We get it from our suppliers. A lot of them have free digital material available that can be used by most media players. We have videos from Zeiss, Lindberg, Ciba Vision, Serengeti and more. You can also find them on youtube.
    I will see if we have any digital material that our suppliers have sent us or can send us. I think we might try looking at a playlist on YouTube since there's so much on there and they probably even have ads of some frame manufacturers that I could put in between education videos or something. Thanks for inspiring me!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Your welcome! That`s why this why I joined this excellent forum, we can learn so much from each other.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have Dish network. For the most part we just leave the TV on DIY or HGTV, very non-controversial. Our office has a much older patient base so showing the news channels just tends to old men in arguments.
    Paul:cheers:

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Your welcome! That`s why this why I joined this excellent forum, we can learn so much from each other.
    Yes! For sure, mostly everyone has been great and I've learned quite a bit from going through trolling the threads. I love it!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    We have Dish network. For the most part we just leave the TV on DIY or HGTV, very non-controversial. Our office has a much older patient base so showing the news channels just tends to old men in arguments.
    That's really interesting! I never though about that. That could also be something to think about especially since March is Crafting Month.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    we use iPort media. we make custom loops here that we pull from iPort... we can even sched diff loops for diff times of day and diff ones per day... you can reallly nail it down to your PT demographics if you're so inclined.

http://iportmedia.com/

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I looked that up! It looks pretty cool. I wonder if you can put your own videos in along with it. Do you use it in your exam lanes as well?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No, but might when we get our new building up... Im not aware that you can add your own.... they have a super easy click and drag builder of content that they have on their end. We have called and asked to have something added... which they did.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Food Network

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    If you are going to bore your customers half to death while they endure interminable wait times in your "customer/patient lounge" I suppose that you might consider making your own video presentations. A nice HD video camera and Adobe Premier will enable you to produce all types of educational videos customized to your individual business. You can push promotional specials and instructional videos that are precisely geared to your business.

If you use your own employees in the video it will certainly have more impact than some Hollywood crap. Let your creative juices flow and have some fun for a change. It may lead to a new career of fame and fortune. You, or most likely your parents, probably have spent over $100,000 in tuition and student loans getting that BA in Theater Arts or Drama (and you thought that carrying a sign in front of some matters store was too demeaning for a thespian of your caliber.

Thread Information