Thread: I need you lab recommendations please!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Smilie I need you lab recommendations please!

Hello fellow optiboarders!

I have posted in the past about this but wanted to get an updated list and my situation has changed. We have a finishing lab. I need to find a lab. I am thinking we might use a couple different ones for different reasons. Firstly, where do you buy your stock lenses? At the moment I am only going to need plastic and poly to build an inventory of stock. Down the road I would also like to have a vendor that I can buy stock lenses that will offer AR and photochromatics. Then I am wanting to use a lab for our uncuts. At this point we are assisting the people in need and our price point is low (average of $30.00 for single vision with frame). Then I am looking for someone that can do our higher end jobs when we grow and expand our clientele.

I am not sure if there is a place that can be a one stop shop. Do you use multiple vendors for various reasons? Who do you use and what do you really like about them.

Thanks in advance! I love the support and advice I receive here!

Kelly

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    For once I'm going to beat Judy to the punch and say "Use an Independent Lab!!!!"

Also, PM sent.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would prefer to use an independent lab! Bring on the recommendations!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    US optical would be a great choice as well as Luzerne optical. US optical is the fastest lab as well as great pricing and Luzerne has the biggest selection ive seen as well as great Prices. Quality work from both!!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    do A N Y labs have CONSISTENTLY quality FINISH work anymore? i'm running out of hairs to pull!!

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Digital Eye lab. I have had great succes with them. There are never any delays. Even ar jobs if they are submitted early enough are here the next day and the quality is quite outstanding.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520g View Post
    Digital Eye lab. I have had great succes with them. There are never any delays. Even ar jobs if they are submitted early enough are here the next day and the quality is quite outstanding.
    wish i could say the same. they were VERY hit or miss in my experience. some great work, and more than a small percentage sent beck 2 or 3 times until done properly

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    All the labs you mentioned are just PERFECT for a low end shop with an average $30 job!
    Lets concentrate!
    If you need stock in low quantities try to find a local stock house that can provide low or free shipping to you!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Finished stock lenses

Quote Originally Posted by kpshann View Post
    Hello fellow optiboarders!

I have posted in the past about this but wanted to get an updated list and my situation has changed. We have a finishing lab. I need to find a lab. I am thinking we might use a couple different ones for different reasons. Firstly, where do you buy your stock lenses? At the moment I am only going to need plastic and poly to build an inventory of stock. Down the road I would also like to have a vendor that I can buy stock lenses that will offer AR and photochromatics. Then I am wanting to use a lab for our uncuts. At this point we are assisting the people in need and our price point is low (average of $30.00 for single vision with frame). Then I am looking for someone that can do our higher end jobs when we grow and expand our clientele.

I am not sure if there is a place that can be a one stop shop. Do you use multiple vendors for various reasons? Who do you use and what do you really like about them.

Thanks in advance! I love the support and advice I receive here!

Kelly
    We have many finished single vision and multifocals including a very inexpensive photochromic with AR. Pricing not permited on this thread but visit our web site www.superoptical.com

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I have a finishing lab that I do work out of for some local OD's. I joined Optical Resources years ago to get the Buying Group discount which actually has little to no cost depending if the vendor has a surcharge. I get all my stock lenses thru this buying group from Shore Lens Co...( I know, I know...Essilor owned) but I gotta survive and no one has beat the prices I get. I use Interstate Optical ,a independent lab, for uncuts and specialty stuff and they are fantastic and Ive had no issues. If you want more info shoot me a PM and Ill give you my number and we can discuss. Good Luck !!

Thread Information