Thread: Vinylize Eyewear

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Vinylize Eyewear

http://www.vinylize.com/

Has anyone seen this? I feel like this can't possibly be as awesome as it looks, because these frames look ​amazing.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    That's what they did with my old record collection I sold on EBAY

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I don't know if my patients would buy them, but I sure want a pair for myself.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think these are outstanding. The limited edition Pink Floyd sunglass model looks incredible. I love the idea!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Saw them years ago, I believe they were coming out of Yugoslavia or parts nearby. Issues with delamination, you can't keep them in your car as the heat would warp them, they looked cool and when you put the frame front on a turn table they played satanic messages. I might be interested in viewing them again to see if they have addressed their issues and if they still play satanic messages.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I doubt they ever played Satanic messages, since they're specifically made out of discarded vinyl records from the 1960s.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    I doubt they ever played Satanic messages, since they're specifically made out of discarded vinyl records from the 1960s.
    The sixties in particular were a decade rich with satanic messages found on many of the top hits, acts like The lovin' Spoonful, Lawerence Welk, The Association, Brenda Lee, Simon and Garfunkel to name a few of HIS minions.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    That was one of the reasons the record companies used vinyl. Any returned records could be melted down and reused kind of like zyl frame scraps.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith LDO View Post
    Saw them years ago, I believe they were coming out of Yugoslavia or parts nearby. Issues with delamination, you can't keep them in your car as the heat would warp them, they looked cool and when you put the frame front on a turn table they played satanic messages. I might be interested in viewing them again to see if they have addressed their issues and if they still play satanic messages.
    I had heard they improved the de-lamination issue...

and the Satanic messages thing... kind dates both of us huh? you forgot the Scorpions in your list.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    I had heard they improved the de-lamination issue...

and the Satanic messages thing... kind dates both of us huh? you forgot the Scorpions in your list.
    It's not as simple as that, Van, I was keeping with the 60's musical genre. Besides every one knows that those German boys are God fearing Lutherans.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The company is called Tipton Works, based in Hungary. You should check out their Cinematique eyewear collection, these have movie cells incorporated in the temples. I have seen one with original cells from Dr.No.
    But they have erotica as wel........

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We carry the line at our shop here in Portland; people LOVE them! They are great statement pieces and are incredibly comfortable and relatively lightweight for how "big" the frames are. We started carrying them in 2013, brought in 6 frames to start, and sold through them in about a month. We have yet to have anyone bring their frame back in with lamination issues, although we have found that VSP One will not put lenses in these frames (they won't do our wood line either). We hosted a trunk show with Vinylize for our 2014 holiday party to introduce our clients to the full line, and paired the show with a great DJ who played vintage Christmas records. It was a big hit, and we had multiple orders placed that night (I'm sure the champagne helped a bit ).

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith LDO View Post
    The sixties in particular were a decade rich with satanic messages found on many of the top hits, acts like The lovin' Spoonful, Lawerence Welk, The Association, Brenda Lee, Simon and Garfunkel to name a few of HIS minions.
    I thought the 70s were the worst offenders: Led Zep, Eagles, Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult just to name a few......

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Garza View Post
    I thought the 70s were the worst offenders: Led Zep, Eagles, Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult just to name a few......
    David, it has been my experience that those we least expect are the worse offenders. The lads from both Led Zepplin and Black Sabbath are proud members of the Church of England, BOC, as I recall are out of the Long Island area, and are predominately Catholic. Eagles, now I can see some of them wearing dark robes of the Black Mass. But we digress from the topic, what was it.

Thread Information