Essilor Buying Safilo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essilor Buying Safilo??

The article is in Italian, but it says "Essilor MAY be interested in buying Safilo"

When E says they 'MAY' be interested in something, they are usually counting their pennies to make sure they have enough.

Gli analisti ipotizzano un dividendo da 2 euro ad azione e i titoli del gruppo di Agordo volano in Borsa ai nuovi massimi storici. Spunta l'ipotesi, lanciata d…

ut oh anyone speak Italian.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeManDan View Post
      ut oh anyone speak Italian.
      Yes! Our Doc's daughter is translating it now.

The gist...Essilors beancounters are looking at the numbers and "are considering" buying Safilo. References better vertical integration.

Also needs a French banks ok.

They say it's mainly to franchise Occhiali da Sole sun glasses.

Que Theme from JAWS...
      Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-16-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I tried Google Translate, but it didn't work very well. Got most of it from someone on LinkedIn.

Comment

Its a dog eats dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear
          Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Comment

Ouch, newguy. "It's bacon!"

What could this mean to Europe? The U.S.?

Comment

Essilor announces a licensing agreement with Safilo ............................

In May 2001, Safilo Chairman Vittorio Tabacchi began a takeover bid in which he acquired full ownership of Safilo. The company returned to the Milan Stock Exchange in December 2005. Also in 2001, the company inaugurated its new centralized warehouse at its Padua headquarters, a state-of-the-art structure with highly automated facilities. At this point, the distribution platform consisted of three main centres, located in Padua; Parsippany, New Jersey; and Hong Kong. In 2002, Safilo acquired the Solstice chain in US.
              In 2008 and 2009, Hal Holding NV increased its ownership to 37.23% of the company.[8]
              In December 2013, Henri Blomqvist, formerly of Procter & Gamble, was appointed its new global commercial director.[1]
              [8][12]

Press releases
              Essilor announces a licensing agreement with Safilo for Polaroid branded polarized ophthalmic lenses

Comment

"Pffftt" instead of "boom".

Comment

This follows with the phone call I got last week, from Safilo, telling me that Smith Optical would now be completely handled by Safilo. No more Smith as an independent company. This would be Safilo gathering all of the cattle into the barn, so that the new buyers can examen the goods. Big E buying Safilo might just cause Big L to go out and make there own move, in order to keep market share.

Who would you buy if you were Big L ..........

Comment

Lux doesn't need to do anything additionally to "keep market share." I believe Lux already owns 49% of Safylo.

Comment

I doubt that.

Comment

Yes to newguy. Ouch to drk. Cheers. Norm.

"How's it going Mr. Peterson?"
                        "It's a dog eat dog world, Woody and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear."

Originally posted by drk View Post
                        Ouch, newguy. "It's bacon!"

What could this mean to Europe? The U.S.?

Comment

It is too bad targets Canada did not have some Big E people on their board. Targets would have, by now, bought Walmart, Canadian Tire and Sears Canada.

Comment

i had mentioned this once before
                            early last year i had read in the WSJ that it was lux,that was eying esselor

Comment

Essilor buying Safilo ?

Sorry for the french ...

En savoir plus sur http://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-ser...JsWhxHLhPms.99

Comment

Working...
                              X