Thread: Please help!!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Please help!!

I have a patient with a very large tumor on her right eye, and she needs glasses. She has been wearing an old pair for 10 years that put pressure against the tumor. I am trying to find a frame that is basically a half frame. I can't think of anything that would help her. The pain is intense with the pressure of the glasses, and she can't wear contacts. Any kind of suggestions would be helpful! Please call or text me at 9197101449 to send pics so you may have a better understanding. Thanks!
    Last edited by steph73; 01-07-2015 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Add information

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm not sure what kind of RX we're talking about here, but here is my own experience... I have had many many surgeries for tumors. (around 20) I have had mastoidectomies and part of my temporalis removed. It leaves me very sensitive to any pressure from my glasses. I used to wear my contacts all the time, but now that I am old and have dry eyes, it is no longer an option. The ONLY frame I use is a silhouette. I prefer the hingeless design personally. It makes a huge difference. I strongly recommend looking into it.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Left message on your phone. (317)495-0127 . Made a pair for a lady a few years ago. Too lengthy to describe here on this forum. No pictures were ever taken.

OptiBoard Apprentice Dpareynolds's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I totally agree with 'mervinck". You can pick any shape lens and have it sized properly to make a 3 piece rimless, does not have to be the brand name mentioned but avoid the cheap knock offs due to pin breakage.
    :cheers: Stop the merry go round, I'm ready to get off so someone else can have all the fun.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The three piece mount is a great idea. Another one you can do is create something akin to the old half eye readers. It is possible to take a zyl frame and convert it to a string mount for the top.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    is the tumour on the right eye as stated ? is a picture possible to share? is a head strap mount a possibility ? there used to be a custom made device that mounted to the forehead, via a strap or plastic flex arm so nothing touched the nose or ears. one variant had a central over the top of the head strap to further stabilize it

imagine a lense mount that allows one lens to be mounted forward of the other and independant of the other as might be required with a graves disease patient
    Last edited by idispense; 01-08-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Maybe a Swiss made target shooting frame ...................

4-facher Weltmeister Marcel Bürge

Maybe a Swiss made target shooting frame where you can position the lens anywhere you want or have to to change the angle of vision might just do.
    No beauty but it could help.

http://www.champion-brillen.ch/world4.htm

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    There was a lady on here trying to start a 3d frame printing company for people with facial abnormalities. Can't remember the name and I'm not sure where she is at in terms of her startup. Maybe others could offer her name?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think it was Jacqui.

Thread Information