View Poll Results: Should parents Spank?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spank

17 80.95%
  • Do not Spank

4 19.05%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spare the rod?

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Occasionally my daughters will visit with my grandchildren. My daughters are having been raised by my crazy ex-wife and therefore disciplined perhaps without cause, choose to warn, treaten, time our, reason, etc. with no actual punishment being dispatched with my grandchildren. My grandchildren needless to say are not well behaved.

My son who is 16 years younger (he's now 26) than his half-sisters and was not raised by my ex-wife usually remarks: "Thank God ya'll beat the crap out of me when I was young." He says this just after his sisters, nieces and nephew leave.

While I only remember spanking him once personally (his mother appearently found more wrong with his behavior than I).

Chip

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Better than thorazine

My two boys were introduced to Mr. Spanky, a ping pong paddle with a smiley face on one side and a Mr. Ugh on the other. I only actually used it once. Just the threat of a meeting with Mr Spanky was enough. Thank God!

Of course, today, the psycho-quacks and public school educators tell us that we do not need Mr. Spanky. We have Mr. Ritalin. Well. It’s an improvement over thorazine. Just picture the first grade class all shuffling out to the school bus, wanked out on thorazine.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    chip anderson
    Those psychologists who will actually recommend (a lot more would like to but are afraid of legal and peer pressure) spanking, make another point: "Punishment should be administered as near as possible to the time of offence. Those who wait 'til they get home or until the spouse is there to administer punishment are messing up in a big way.

Chip[/QUOTE]

So that is what happened to all those that are on death row! They waited years
    after the offence to punish these people!:shiner:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    rbaker
    My two boys were introduced to Mr. Spanky, a ping pong paddle with a smiley face on one side and a Mr. Ugh on the other. I only actually used it once. Just the threat of a meeting with Mr Spanky was enough. Thank God!

Of course, today, the psycho-quacks and public school educators tell us that we do not need Mr. Spanky. We have Mr. Ritalin. Well. It’s an improvement over thorazine. Just picture the first grade class all shuffling out to the school bus, wanked out on thorazine. [/QUOTE]

I believe in the old west they had MR.Hangy. One side had a noose and the other a grave!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Isn't the old saying....spare the rod -- spoil the child? You go to jail today for things that really firmed character in a prior age such as fear of a belt; paddle with air holes, the dreaded wooden spoon, etc. Today there is no fear a parent can really make except to not provide cash. May I ask you...is there fear in that. This is truly what is wrong in the USA today. No values and no respect.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Bev Heishman
    Isn't the old saying....spare the rod -- spoil the child? You go to jail today for things that really firmed character in a prior age such as fear of a belt; paddle with air holes, the dreaded wooden spoon, etc. Today there is no fear a parent can really make except to not provide cash. May I ask you...is there fear in that. This is truly what is wrong in the USA today. No values and no respect.[/QUOTE]

Not according to the nincompoops who run the schools and society today.
    You bring the rod you go to jail! When I was in school if you looked sideways
    at a teacher you either got sent to the office or detention. Now they laugh at the teacher give him or her the finger and walk out. With no values or respect you wonder why kids think of themselves as animals, thats all they have been taught. You came from a monkey that fell out of a tree one day, broke off it's tail and stood up, and said I m man. you teach the kids they came from animals, animals are all your going to it. Where's my book Animal
    Farm? Just my 2 cents!

Thread Information