Congrats to my Son!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to my Son!

My congratulations go out to my only son today, as he is now a CPA. He passed the last part of a very extensive testing procedure for this recognition. As some have said before, this is what we in the optical world should have established many years ago if the ABO really wanted to do something on a grand scale, the model of CPA was it. Minimum education (masters), extensive testing, and the designation as one of the elite in the field. Oh well, at least my son chose a real nationwide profession to be a part of, and I am very proud of the work he put into getting there, and wish him the best in his career.
    Last edited by obxeyeguy; 11-04-2014, 06:47 PM. Reason: clarify

Congrats to him...and you as well!
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Congratulations to your son. You are to be congratulated as well.

Diane
      Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

congrats...and you are right

Comment

Congratulations to you both! Dreams of our childrens' successes are the reason we allow them to survive adolescence.

Comment

Originally posted by obxeyeguy View Post
            My congratulations go out to my only son today, as he is now a CPA. He passed the last part of a very extensive testing procedure for this recognition. As some have said before, this is what we in the optical world should have established many years ago if the ABO really wanted to do something on a grand scale, the model of CPA was it. Minimum education (masters), extensive testing, and the designation as one of the elite in the field. Oh well, at least my son chose a real nationwide profession to be a part of, and I am very proud of the work he put into getting there, and wish him the best in his career.
            Congratulations.....now you can get him to keep your books for you.

Comment

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Congrats buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Judy Canty View Post
                Congratulations to you both! Dreams of our childrens' successes are the reason we allow them to survive adolescence.
                Exactly correct Judy. Congrats to the son and the proud father. There is a reason some of us teach our kids work ethics, and here is the proof. Now you have your very own accountant, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golfnorth View Post
                  Congratulations.....now you can get him to keep your books for you.
                  I wish, he is employed in corporate accounting for a very large firm. No free ride for dad, still paying my accountant.

Comment

Congrats to the CPA and a BIG Congrats to the proud father.

Comment

Originally posted by braheem24 View Post
                      Congrats to the CPA and a BIG Congrats to the proud father.
                      Thanks for all the great comments, and yes, I am very proud of him.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                        X