Thread: Google glass special Seg idea?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Google glass special Seg idea?

I don't know if this is a good idea or not so I am hoping for some input from the genius's of optiboard.

We have a fellow with a pair of the google glasses come in and want a pair of script eyewear. He has the frame that goes with it and everything, but he wants a flat top. Would it be a good idea or a bad idea use a FT28 along with a golf seg up in the corner to give him a better view of the glass? Or is the distance script all he will need since it is designed as a virtual distance viewing.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wonder if something like this www.smartgoldlenses.com would work.

Rising Star OptiBoard Bronze Supporter kbfast's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Google Glass lens for presbyopes and high power prismatic effect

Quote Originally Posted by Jstanfast View Post
    I don't know if this is a good idea or not so I am hoping for some input from the genius's of optiboard.

We have a fellow with a pair of the google glasses come in and want a pair of script eyewear. He has the frame that goes with it and everything, but he wants a flat top. Would it be a good idea or a bad idea use a FT28 along with a golf seg up in the corner to give him a better view of the glass? Or is the distance script all he will need since it is designed as a virtual distance viewing.
    At Expo West in Las Vegas last month Rochester Optical introduced a free form progressive that places a second OC with the appropriate power for Google Glass in the top right corner. They aren't priced to high and will become the go to lens as Google Glass begins to penetrate the consumer market. The early adopters are already using it.

Shalom
    - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Fast, A.S., BSVT, CMBA, ABOC
    "The first concepts of superior principle are always defeated by the perfected example of established practice."

Occupation

... oh, and also, Luxottica has alredy partnerd with Google to produce Frames to go with Google Glass in their Rayban and Oakely lines. FYI
    - - - - - - - -
    "The first concepts of superior principle are always defeated by the perfected example of established practice."

Occupation
    BTW, if we don't get a handle on this new emerging (I heard 30 billion dollar) market that Millenials are dominating someone else will. Just sayin' Our practice is going to go for it as we are already positioned in the high end full retail segment. I am going to first introduce it to the Univ. New Mexico students and faculty by setting up a display on campus. Then approach Intel
    - - - - - - - -

Occupation
    The prismatic effect will have to be addressed to be successful with Google Glass in any power over a 1-2 diopter lens
    - - - - - - - -

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Neither, since the projected image of the screen isn't quite at a distance viewing distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledzinator
    Yes, yes they do. And they are available in a ST-28 in CR-39, Trivex, and 1.60.

Feel free to contact me for any additional information or go through the Smart Gold website.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledzinator View Post
    I love the idea of this and Im glad that someone put some thought into building a lens that would work with a computer monitor strapped to your face.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seg idea.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	11466
    I don't see what's wrong with the loop system - Million.....dollar......idea

Thread Information