TRANSITIONS OPTICAL MYSTERY SHOPPER PROGAM ENDS DEC. 1

Last Chance to Earn “Present Every Day” Rewards
INDIANAPOLIS, Nov. 21, 2002 – Hundreds and hundreds of eyecare professionals across the country still have time to earn rewards in Transitions Optical Inc.’s “Present Every Day” Mystery Shopper Program. The program, which rewards eyecare professionals for outstanding presentations of Transitions® Lenses to their patients, ends Dec. 1.

“Mystery shoppers will continue to visit or telephone eyecare professionals across the United States and reward them on-the-spot for outstanding presentations of Transitions as an everyday lens option,” said Vanessa Johns, Transitions marketing director for North America. “Since the program began, Transitions has awarded more than $165,000 to eyecare professionals.”

Johns added that even when the promotion is over, eyecare professionals who continue to recommend Transitions as an everyday lens will benefit through the increased patient satisfaction that will come by offering higher value products to their patients, along with increased premium lens sales.

“As many eyecare professionals have discovered during the promotion, patients appreciate learning about lens options, including a higher-performing clear lens,” Johns said.
“I really believe in the everyday benefits of Transitions Lenses and I let my patients know that,” said Sharon Leonard, eye tech and sales, Unger Eyecare, Troy, Ill, and a recent reward recipient. “I emphasize that the lenses offer everyday convenience and protection."

Another recent reward recipient, Tammy Finnis, an optician with State Avenue Vision Clinic in Marysville, Wash., simply asks each patient, “Have you heard of Transitions Lenses?” “It is an easy way to get the conversation started and enables me to educate patients about the different available lens options,” she said.
The next call an eyecare professional receives could be more rewarding than they realize as Michael Homamick, owner, Vogue Optical, Margate, Fla., found when his location was called by a mystery shopper. “Everyone who calls in is a potential customer,” explained Homamick. “I treat every call as an opportunity to educate, and I offer Transitions Lenses to callers to let them know about their options.”

Mystery Shopper Program Details

Mystery shoppers are looking for eyecare professionals who introduce their patients to the many benefits of Transitions Lenses by doing the following:
  • Having Transitions in-store signage and demonstration tools visible and accessible
  • Asking patients, "Have you heard about Transitions Lenses?"
  • Discussing the benefits of Transitions Lenses versus regular lenses
  • Communicating key messages:
  • Transitions Lenses are smart lenses
  • Transitions Lenses are clear lenses that change
  • Transitions Lenses are the smart choice for everyday lenses
  • Transitions Lenses help promote healthy eyes by providing 100 percent UV protection
  • Demonstrating how Transitions Lenses work
  • Making a personal recommendation
  • Wearing Transitions Lenses
  • Making Transitions Lenses part of their telephone on-hold messages
Exceptional recommendations are rewarded on-the-spot with cash vouchers. Digital photos have been taken of select eyecare professionals giving award-winning in-person presentations, and some have been recognized more in-depth on the Transitions Web site.

# # #
For more information on the Mystery Shopper Program, contact your Transitions Solutions Team representative, account manager or Platinum Elite laboratory representative; call Transitions Customer Service at (800) 848-1506; or visit transitions.com.

Transitions Optical, headquartered in Pinellas Park, was the first to successfully commercialize a plastic photochromic lens in 1990. The company is the leading supplier of photochromics to optical manufacturers worldwide. Transitions Optical offers the most advanced photochromic technology and the widest selection of lens designs, materials and brand names.

Transitions Optical has manufacturing operations in Pinellas Park; Tuam, Ireland; Laguna, Philippines; Sumare, Brazil; and Adelaide, Australia. Sales offices are located in Toronto, Canada and nine other countries.

For more information about the company and Transitions Lenses, visit transitions.com or contact Transitions Optical Customer Service at (800) 848-1506 (United States).