Thread: What is wrong with Luxottica ???????????????????????

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper What is wrong with Luxottica ???????????????????????

Thanks to "optimensch" stating that Lux was not present at SILMO I went to check the stock market and found the following:

Luxottica Group SpA (LUX - Snapshot Report)could be a stock to avoid from a technical perspective, as the firm is seeing unfavorable trends on the moving average crossover front. Recently, the 50 Day Moving Average for LUX broke out below the 200 Day Simple Moving Average, suggesting short-term bearishness.

This has already started to take place, as the stock has moved lower by 2.7% in the past four weeks. And with the recent moving average crossover, investors have to think that more unfavorable trading is ahead for LUX stock.

If that wasn’t enough, Luxottica isn’t looking too great from an earnings estimate revision perspective either. It appears as though many analysts have been reducing their earnings expectations for the stock lately, which is usually not a good sign of things to come.

Consider that in the last 30 days, 1 estimate has been reduced, while none has moved higher. Add this in to a similar move lower in the consensus estimate, and there is plenty of reason to be bearish here.

That is why we currently have a Zacks Rank #4 (Sell) on this stock and are looking for it to underperform in the weeks ahead. So either avoid this stock or consider jumping ship until the estimates and technical factors turn around for LUX.

Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>

Get the full Snapshot Report on LUX - FREE

Sere all of it --------------> http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/1485...rossover-alert

What do you say ?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The financial markets: No different than Salem, MA, when someone decided someone else was a witch, and everyone else shouted "Let's burn 'em!"

B

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    should we have a charity ball for lux?

forgot to mention...they ship over $2million/per day
    i may not sleep tonight worrying about them
    Last edited by COMEINPEACE; 09-29-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    There comes a point of saturation when a giant company such as Lux just can't garner enough strength to climb any higher (excluding acquisitions as growth) to reach the summit. Yet the ride back down can be fast, slippery and devastating.

Hence why being a mid size company where you can fluctuate on a regular basis up or down is a much more favourable position to be in. Is being the biggest and living in a fishbowl always better? I don't think so. However time will tell.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    too big to fail

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticneutral View Post
    too big to fail
    Being unable to grow further and declining slightly is definitely not failure; although the stock brokers would disagree with me. The problem is we've all become way too greedy!

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    just wait till they get into the lens business ...article i have read about 1 yr ago in the wall st journal
    kiss all us small guys goodby! (they will make al capone look like a choir boy)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Remember, LUX is transitioning into a Co CEO model of governance. Leo del Vecchio may have been on to something when he stepped back into the fray. Companies who undergo substantial changes at the top are often looked at with a bearish perspective. Leo even said it himself, LUX is a large company too much going on for one person to keep a rope around.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I bought Lux stock on my birthday in 2000, and sold it about the same time 7 years later. I did great, and then bought it again in 2009, but got cold feet and sold it 4 months later. I think it will always be strong, but agree that the next 6 months- year might be good time stay out. Either way, they're not going anywhere...n
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    DID Anyone posting here go to vision expo this year?............lux did not display ONE frame..........yes its true
    the luxottica booth was all about
    Leonardo Del Vecchio......

HE ALSO OWNS EUROPEAN INSURANCE COMPANIES ..9 to 11 billion from nothing, he was an orphan
    lets start up that charity ball (not to take away from his success)

within 10 years lux will control 90% lenses and frames, and now with online refracting right around the corner...yes online manifests
    could you imagine where the future is going....

ooops just looked it up on forbes- its 18.4 billion, i was way off, that was last years wsj article

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEINPEACE View Post
    DID Anyone posting here go to vision expo this year?............lux did not display ONE frame..........yes its true

HE ALSO OWNS EUROPEAN INSURANCE COMPANIES ..9 to 11 billion from nothing, he was an orphan
    lets start up that charity ball (not to take away from his success)

within 10 years lux will control 90% lenses and frames, and now with online refracting right around the corner...yes online manifests
    could you imagine where the future is going....

ooops just looked it up on forbes- its 18.4 billion, i was way off, that was last years wsj article
    I was at the show. They were writing all their orders in the tower to cut down on the floor space in the showroom. Penny pinching billionaire...my kind of guy!

Leo is the man. As much as I detest the company, I greatly admire the man and his vision. I met him in 1987, at a meeting in Cleveland. He met myself 3 other junior managers, along with our boss, at the PanAm courtesy lounge at the Cleveland airport. He asked personal questions of each of us, and when he found out I was soon to be married, invited me and my bride to spend our honeymoon in a villa he owned (probably one of many) in Italy. I wasn't even a two-bit player, so that was a very generous offer. By the time I got married, I was working for Marchon, only one of the reasons I didn't take him up on the offer. In any event, he seemed like a really nice gu
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfiller View Post
    Remember, LUX is transitioning into a Co CEO model of governance. Leo del Vecchio may have been on to something when he stepped back into the fray. Companies who undergo substantial changes at the top are often looked at with a bearish perspective. Leo even said it himself, LUX is a large company too much going on for one person to keep a rope around.

God Bless Leonardo Del Vecchio. The Co was much better for employees when he was running the show. The kids went all Walton on the firm and, of course, strayed from Opticianry...
    Last edited by Gizzo; 10-01-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling

OptiBoard Professional Caroline's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEINPEACE View Post
    And for whatever reason, Lux is the only company who's reps don't come around. They don't make appointments and I can't seem to get them to come into the office. We've gotten rid of Coach and DKNY because of that.
    Caroline, L.O.

If you suffer from severe nonlinear waterfowl issues, you don't have your ducks in a row.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    The Co was much better for employees when he was running the show. The kids went all Walton on the firm and, of course, strayed from Opticianry...[/QUOTE]

ACTUALLY that is a very accurate observation, these young inexperienced pensilpushers, who have never been or sold in retail(and all their products are end user retail)are restructuring the sales rep pecking order, and telling experienced field execs how to do things.
    they just had another major restructuring 2 weeks ago
    but not to worry, they will own this field in 3 to 10 yrs..like i have posted earlier

Thread Information