Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They sell themselves

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    With us we don't really carry anything unique, unfortunately. I've been trying to push the doctor to get stuff other practices don't have but still carry the big names (ray bans, coach, etc etc...). Best of both worlds in a way. I had to push for Oakley =/ Only reason I did is because we were losing on potential buyers/patients who wanted that.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    ray ban, coach, cazal

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Cazal, when I carried the line it was the most requested product by shop lifters.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith LDO View Post
    Cazal, when I carried the line it was the most requested product by shop lifters.
    Good one! And true!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    haha

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We did not do well with Coach they all seemed to look the same and come in three colors . We have better luck with D&G . We did Raybans but the Rep never showed up again. Our Optical is in upstate NY but if you can make it to us once to sell the line then you should be able to check in evey 6 months . Kate Spade, Jones Ny and Tura we also do well with. The petite fits sell great for tween and smaller ladies, but still have good B size for segs.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    When it comes to selling itself i do not know, but with a little patient education I have found that Bevel almost flies off of the shelf. Men pick up tag drill mounts frequently. Modo and Eco are consistently selling faster than I can reorder.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I find threads like this very interesting, and perhaps telling, as to why many dispensers and offices seem to struggle in today's market. There seems to be little to no drive to search out and bring in new, innovative lines, from manufacturers who still focus on quality over quantity. Good value, durability and innovation looks to have taken a back seat to "trendy" and disposable. Perhaps this is just the pervasive undercurrent in American buying habits that has been moving in this direction for the past three decades...

Still, it's entirely possible - indeed easier than ever it seems with the ease of research and communication the interwebs allow today - to find frame manufacturers that will ultimately help your bottom line, instead of simply stealing from it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    I find threads like this very interesting, and perhaps telling, as to why many dispensers and offices seem to struggle in today's market. There seems to be little to no drive to search out and bring in new, innovative lines, from manufacturers who still focus on quality over quantity. Good value, durability and innovation looks to have taken a back seat to "trendy" and disposable. Perhaps this is just the pervasive undercurrent in American buying habits that has been moving in this direction for the past three decades...

Still, it's entirely possible - indeed easier than ever it seems with the ease of research and communication the interwebs allow today - to find frame manufacturers that will ultimately help your bottom line, instead of simply stealing from it.
    Glad you find it interesting. What would be ideal is if we could find a frame mfg that produces a product that is not branded..but is great quality and style and colors...that we could acquire for less than branded...sell for less than branded and yet STILL make more than if we sold a Branded line

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post

We have ventured with both sides, we have our mainstream brands and other not as popular name but way better quality, but I would say most of our patients rather spend the money on a mainstream brand the something that is nicer better quality and unique.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by tx11 View Post
    Glad you find it interesting. What would be ideal is if we could find a frame mfg that produces a product that is not branded..but is great quality and style and colors...that we could acquire for less than branded...sell for less than branded and yet STILL make more than if we sold a Branded line
    Have you checked out SHO? http://www.sho-eyeworks.com/about They do private label.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Java99. I took a look...cool stuff. You keepin' busy?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Ernest Hemingway

We sell the heck out of Ernest Hemingway, specifically the EH4617 which comes in 15 different colors and 2 different eye sizes. And the prices are amazing. www.newyorkeye.net

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by tx11 View Post
    Thanks Java99. I took a look...cool stuff. You keepin' busy?
    Busy enough I'd give my left arm for an experienced lab tech. Know any?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by becc971 View Post
    i sell the crap out of scott harris from europa
    Saw some of these online yesterday, bice colors and styles.

Do you sell them more due to Brand Name, Price or something else???

Thread Information