Thread: HOT eough for you?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

HOT eough for you?

Yesterday it was 108* in my neck of the valley (cooled down to 96* here at noon)....Thank the Lord for A/C
    How is it where you live?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It was 100% humidity and around 85 degrees on Saturday here in Charlotte (disgusting!)- we went to Chetola at Blowing Rock (up in the mountains) and the temp dipped to the 50's. Outstanding. the weather has been pretty mild this summer though, so I can't complain. Usually it's a hot sticky mess around here until October.

Y'all don't have our humidity, do you?
    "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I escaped the Connecticut humidity for the cool comfort of the pacific north west. Although it makes up for it with rain

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Southern Oregon (Banana Belt) has been over 100 just about every day for the past month with clear skies and no rain. The high out on my deck was 112 last week. We do have a lot of smoke and haze primarily from the Happy Camp fire in Northern California. And now as I keyboard this another wildfire just broke out in Weed, California. Thankfully we are only an hours drive to Brookings, Oregon on the coast where it is downright freezing every day, usually in the low seventies. Here in Gold Hill the temperatures drop down to the fifties every evening as soon as the sun goes down.
    Last edited by rbaker; 09-16-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i think i just learned 2 things - bananas grow in Oregon and there is a lot of smoke in a real town named Weed. what will they come up with next?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Summer has been a hot, humid scorcher. Today, it's humid, but the temp is down to about 87. Tomorrow, Vegas, Baby. Hot again. Looks like temps fall again next week in GA. I'm ready for Fall.

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by NCspecs View Post
    It was 100% humidity and around 85 degrees on Saturday here in Charlotte (disgusting!)- we went to Chetola at Blowing Rock (up in the mountains) and the temp dipped to the 50's. Outstanding. the weather has been pretty mild this summer though, so I can't complain. Usually it's a hot sticky mess around here until October.

Y'all don't have our humidity, do you?
    It's usually a dry heat but we have been having some humidity that we're not used to, nowhere near 100%! Yuck!
    Last edited by SeaU2020; 09-16-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    We just had our first frost of the year a couple of nights ago and I turned on the heat over the weekend for the first time. I love Minnesota.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I've discovered that 56 degrees in the fall feels colder than 56 degrees in the spring. And yes, it is officially fall here.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper My garden, patio and the 2 drive ways where all full of leaves .....................

My garden, patio and the 2 drive ways where all full of leaves blown down from a North Easterly in the weekend at 7C at night. I blew it all clean and bagged them Saturday and it was all still beautiful and my 15 large Geranium pots in full bloom.

Sunday morning it looked like Saturday morning again. Time to move south in a few weeks.

Thread Information