Thread: Swissflex help

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Swissflex help

My lab did a wonderful job remounting a patients own swissflex frame this week and broke a post off. They originally did it, but it came loose at the bridge so we sent it in to be remounted....not sure how they managed to break a temple post but they did. Their explanation was "we cannot disassemble it without breaking the posts off, you must send another frame"

I've already decided in my mind that this is BS because they already replaced the lenses once without any issue, but for piece of mind before I take on this fight, could someone please confirm this for me?

My thoughts at this point are to buy a new frame with the same color hinge piece as was broken and send to another lab to be remounted. Anyone with experience in swissflex have any other ideas to remedy the situation? We don't have an account with Italee which helps complicate things, however I've found them for sale online and will most likely end up buying from there to replace it.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    those are 2.5 eyephorics temples in the picture, a first cousin of the swissflex, if you will. with 2.5 eyephorics, the posts are usually broken when taking apart POF.

now, as to how they were able to do it the first time, perhaps they cut thru the old lenses to preserve the frame? but obviously they can't do that now...

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for the clarification, it always helps to know what you're working with :) Yeah, I'm not sure how they wen't about doing it the first two times, but apparently this time they broke it. Is this common for these types of frames? One set of lenses and it's done?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    As far as I know, those posts are actually glued in. None of my labs will touch them. I can only get them done complete from Swissflex/Italee lab themselves.
    Patient, ".. Doctor says I have a subscription for stigmata.. Can you fill that?"
    Me, "..Um.. "

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Those damn things are a pain in the butt and as far as I can tell the posts are either smashed or warmed or both with a special tool and as far as I have seen they may be a one time use and you need a whole new shoulder peice to repair it, we always had to order the RX complete and assembled from the frame company and no longer carry those.

Thread Information