Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ad for optician job

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    Got a call today from a former co-worker who is looking for another job. She has excellent opticianry skills, and is licensed in N.Y., and also cross-trained to do pre-testing (corneal topography, auto-refractor, etc.). She has been working at this practice for about 8 years, makes $21 per hour, and has not had a raise since 2009. What???? And - she has promoted the practice on social networks, organized trunk shows, and other promotional events. She is responsible for much of the increased dispensing income in this office. The doctors seem deaf and blind to her requests. So.... you doctors out there take note - opticians are valuable to your bottom line, and they have legs.
    Annie - your dream job will come. At least you are in a dream environment!
    There are many ECPs out there who should pay attention to this scenario. I've seen it happen time and again. Dream jobs do exist! I've got one!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    so, so sad. I wouldn't recommend our trade to anyone. I am so glad these are my last days. I work for peanuts in an expensive city and I don't want to quit yet, however...The *******s (sorry, language) have taken advantage of us for generations and it will never change.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There are MDs, ODs, and opticians out there that realize the value of a highly trained optician. Those same folks realize the expense of one with little or no training.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Thread Information