Thread: Help with Oakley

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Confused Help with Oakley

Hey for those of you who carry Oakley could you pm me with tips on pricing for the SV and Progressive. I just opened an account with them and remember the pricing at good old LC, but not sure if that is the best way to go. Thanks in advance!

OptiBoard Professional nicksims's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    If you are having Oakley make the lenses, then you just need their pricing sheet. Pretty easy.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    That I have I'm just trying to figure out the retail price for them. Like X3.5 or something like that, but would like to have an idea about what is a good average.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oakley sets the pricing on their sun rx lenses. You should have a sheet or it in the online dealer portal.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Im on the fence about Oakley. I think there RX program is bar none one of the finest ive seen for being able to create beautiful optics in an extreme wrap. The dark evil brooding smelly underside is they discontinue their product when it falls out of the top 15% or so. This means if a customer purchases a halfjacket and the temple breaks, the product may be discontinued and the one year warranty means, well, nothing. Sad. So so sad. I wrote a three page letter to Oakley about it. My feelings aside and my apologies for the rant, Oakley has a calculator that they just fixed for MSRP pricing, RX range and frames available on the http://calculator.oakley.com/
    They should also have included some paperwork which has all of the lens and pricing options. If the Pt has VSP they get a nice 20% discount. Also, Oakley will reduce the price of the frame if its an RX because the patient is not purchasing the plano lens in the frame. The frame cost will be less through the calculator. Hopefully that makes sense, if not PM me ill try to splain it better.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Further complicating the matter with Oakley is that they will discontinue frames but not update their websites with that information. So A) you will have patients in your office insisting that the frame they want is available in Brick (because that's what the consumer website says) when that color has been discontinued for 9 months, and B) you will assure your patients that that frame is, in fact, available in Brick (because that's what the dealer website says) when that color has been discontinued for 9 months. It's very frustrating.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Thread Information