Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone tried IOT's new camber PAL

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Anyone using this lens?
    Only a handful so far (all hyperopes), but very good response thus far.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by icmor View Post
    I'm currently wearing Camber FF. It's a good lens, but I didn't get any "wow factor" with it. We're still trying it out on other staff to get their opinions on it before we decide to sell it to our patients.
    I've now been wearing the Camber lenses for several months and recently gotten a 2nd pair of them. Although I originally stated that I didn't notice any "wow" factors in wearing them, I have to admit, I find myself preferring to put on the camber lenses over my numerous other types of freeform progressives. They are just more comfortable to wear. I admit this is not a technical review, but Cambers are good lenses in my opinion.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by icmor View Post
    I've now been wearing the Camber lenses for several months and recently gotten a 2nd pair of them. Although I originally stated that I didn't notice any "wow" factors in wearing them, I have to admit, I find myself preferring to put on the camber lenses over my numerous other types of freeform progressives. They are just more comfortable to wear. I admit this is not a technical review, but Cambers are good lenses in my opinion.
    What is your prescription?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I just got a pair and am wearing them now but my add is only a +1.75 and it is definitely a different feeling when putting them on the first time. I wear mostly IOT trivex in the middle compensation version and this is different? I am feeling like they are better for the computer and reading (slightly) but the distance is fine. They are not compensated much but the total add power is slightly higher than the prescribed RX which is already different than the other compensated lenses.
    We are ordering them for my staff who are all over +2.50 add's and see what they say.

It is not a radical game changer but should help with the high adds (2.50+) and cyl over 2D as long as the compensation is kept to a minimum. IOT has done a good job so I look forward to this product being helpful but I still do not know what the up charge is so we will see how we can fit in our lens system.

We do not offer any choices (I pick all lenses for orders with my lab guy) so we would need to just give it to anyone with certain parameters once we determine who gets the real optical benefits from this technology.
    We got a second pair in for another employee and he loves them. The lens is better in all focal lengths as compared the Zeiss Individual and another IOT lens. It is now my lens of choice.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    What is your prescription?
    Sorry for the delay; I went on vacation after my last post. My Rx is: OD pl + .75 X 073, OS -1.25 + .50 X 025 w/ 2.50 add. (OS is post traumatic cataract surgery) V/A is 20/15 OU.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm not sure how Camber would benefit even hyperopes. But it does open up add power possibilities. we have done +4.50 adds. The practicality of such a thing is dubious but there is a demand for it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Can you file VSP on the camber lens? if so...how

Master OptiBoarder
    Somewhere over the Colorful Spectrum of Light
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Isn't the VSP PLXpression a lens with Camber technology???? Sure sounds like it.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    It is.

Master OptiBoarder
    Somewhere over the Colorful Spectrum of Light
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Guess that answers Tx11's question.

I'm actually wearing a pair right now, and they are not bad. I still like my Individual 2 better though. I only have a 1.25 add, but a -3.00 cyl on both eyes. The reading area might be just a slight bit bigger, but when you get to the edge of the corridor, it is much more noticable than either my Ind.2, or my Autograph 3's.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCare Rich View Post
    Guess that answers Tx11's question.

I'm actually wearing a pair right now, and they are not bad. I still like my Individual 2 better though. I only have a 1.25 add, but a -3.00 cyl on both eyes. The reading area might be just a slight bit bigger, but when you get to the edge of the corridor, it is much more noticable than either my Ind.2, or my Autograph 3's.
    I have them in a 1.75 add and my other employee just got his with a 2.25; we are both blown away by the smooth intermediate and near. It is now our lens of choice for clear. The lab did just surface them upside down; so we have some work to do.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCare Rich View Post
    Isn't the VSP PLXpression a lens with Camber technology???? Sure sounds like it.
    SO...is it now a branded lens? Are the charge backs the same as if you ordered any of the (big guys)"N" level custom PALs?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by tx11 View Post
    SO...is it now a branded lens? Are the charge backs the same as if you ordered any of the (big guys)"N" level custom PALs?
    Yes. Its as branded as any other "labs" house lens. Its still the Camber blank though, the Younger symbol is very noticeable.

It is a great lens.
    The charge backs are the same as any other lens, thats how VSP works... there are catagories, some of which can seem rather arbitrary.

There are certain Unity "savings" programs you can get kick backs for combining Unity AR and one of their lenses, but if you take VSP don't you get bombarded with the same amount of brochures and stuff as me? Maybe you just send it to the circular floor file

Anyway its a great lens.

Thread Information