Thread: iPhone / Android app for contributors

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

iPhone / Android app for contributors

What I need:
    Contact lens database.

What you get in return:
    A searchable contact lens database app with additional functionality.

Package Type:
    iPhone and Android versions. iPhone will need to be side loaded onto a jailbroken phone android will be in the app store with contributors getting it for FREE.

I will upload a template later with details required and an example. Keep in mind this will get done with or without you. With you means an updated ad free version for FREE.

Bonus:
    Major contributors will have an opportunity to suggest features and additional functionality.

If the progress is swift I will add a PAL database and a few other neat features as well as allow major contributors to BETA new apps and releases before the general public.

This is a ground up opportunity for a full fledged system that will incoporate many computer features used in an ophthalmic practice and may become a digital dispensary tool.

Future ideas:
    New Hire Training
    Sales Presentations
    Digital Centration
    Virtual Try-on
    Interactive Lifestyle Questionaire
    Job Ordering
    Last edited by MakeOptics; 04-22-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Occupation

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by braheem24 View Post
    I used to have my own as well, hard work to keep up, but I need the data liberated from a site. Postig it here in excell format means that everyone has access to the raw data downloadable as an excel spreadsheet and anyone that has a desire to code has the resources to create with. I feel as though my coding contribution would be worth at least an hour or two of anyones time to compile this list. It's not a requirement braheem but I am not going to write software to screen scrape a site to then further make a program which I have done in the past. I was hoping to collaborate, the attitude on this board tends to lean towards gimme gimme, here I am asking for help so that I can give.

My reasoning, if I have to do this all myself I am not going to release any of it and it will waste enough time I cannot move onto another enjoyable project. This is a method for the group to increase their time to value, one to two hours gets you 10+ fold that amount of time in reqources. Work smarter not harder as they say. So enough with the google searches and lets get to the real work at hand.

I have attached a list of CL's to liberate. The data should strictly match the data in the PDF with NO interpretations, this is important that no interpretations be made to ensure the validity of the data. The categories will be the type of lenses and each individual contributor should take a section and complete it.

Step 1 - Post which section you will be working on to avoid duplication.
    Step 2 - Download the excel template and the PDF.
    Step 3 - Complete your section and upload it to this site, the description of your file should be the category.

Once all the sections ahve been completed a validation should be performed on the data, each contributor should take three sections completed by others and correct them and re-upload them. Once each section has been corrected and validated 3 times I will compile a complete excel list and create the program within a weeks time for the contributors. Major contributors ones that completed a section and validation will have an opportnity for 3 rounds of corrections or user enhanced features to add to the program. Once 3 iterations of corrections have been completed then the project will be released to the general public. The data will alwasy remain FREE in this thread and all contributros will have access to the program and updates at no charge.

PDF of CL's = http://www.clspectrum.com/class
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://www.opticians.cc

Creator of the industries 1st HTML5 Browser based tracer software.
    Creator of the industries 1st Mac tracer software.
    Creator of the industries 1st Linux tracer software.

Thread Information