Thread: Essilor is the Monsanto of optical

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Essilor is the Monsanto of optical

I try to stay away from their genetically modified product but it is getting frustrating as their seed has spread to so many fields.
    You think youre eating organic and then boom - you find out the product contains E-DNA.

Organic ECPs need to be vigilant and steer clear.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Chris, is this like sex to you, you can't ever get enough? ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by obxeyeguy

Chris, is this like sex to you, you can't ever get enough? You post the most dreary predictions and links about how we will all dye from online glasses, and we all know we will all succumb to the Big "E" or the big "L"some day, it just wears thin some days. Half empty? Or half full?

optimensch .........................as you can see I am getting beaten up for saying the same thing since 2002 on OptiBoard, however I believe to the optical world they are worse than Monsanto. I am glad that some others also realize what is happening.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    optimensch .........................as you can see I am getting beaten up for saying the same thing since 2002 on OptiBoard, however I believe to the optical world they are worse than Monsanto. I am glad that some others also realize what is happening.
    Im just as guilty as the next guy. I keep clicking on the posts because the headlines capture my attention for a breif second. Then I realize its a Chris Ryser post. Throw enough crap against the wall and something eventually sticks. Most of the Ryser posts are just rips from headlines across industry rags. Set up a google account and dump all the rags rss into it and you have a better more objective comment free Ryser poster. I think its time for me to ignore this particular poster.
    http://www.opticians.cc

Creator of the industries 1st HTML5 Browser based tracer software.
    Creator of the industries 1st Mac tracer software.
    Creator of the industries 1st Linux tracer software.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeOptics View Post
    Im just as guilty as the next guy. I keep clicking on the posts because the headlines capture my attention for a breif second. Then I realize its a Chris Ryser post. Throw enough crap against the wall and something eventually sticks. Most of the Ryser posts are just rips from headlines across industry rags. Set up a google account and dump all the rags rss into it and you have a better more objective comment free Ryser poster. I think its time for me to ignore this particular poster.
    Here's a suggestion. If you don't like Chris' posts, then put him on your ignore list. Problem solved.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Here's a suggestion. If you don't like Chris' posts, then put him on your ignore list. Problem solved.
    I will, I dont appreciate his bashing of companies and I was under the impression that was a violation of your rules. When he brought his vendetta into yet another thread I just had to say something.
    Last edited by MakeOptics; 04-05-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeOptics View Post
    I am as mentioned in my post, I would be forever grateful if you could provide a list of companies that are ok to bash. I am aware of Essilor and I think Luxottica but if there are others that would be great to know.

And if its not too much trouble a list of posters who are above the rules.
    Honestly your sarcasm directed at me is really rather unbecoming of you, particularly considering all the the numerous complaints I've had about your posts and the fact that you use more than one OptiBoard account to hide and obfuscate in direct violation of the 'rules' you claim to hold so dear. I'm sure that since the 'rules' are so important to you that you would want me to apply them to you as well, right?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you suggesting that I restrict OptiBoard members from posting their opinions?

Also what 'rules' are you speaking of exactly? And if you feel someone is breaking those 'rules' then why don't you report them? While you're at it, why don't you just give me a list of ALL the people you have a problem with and what you want me to do about it.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Honestly your sarcasm directed at me is really rather unbecoming of you, particularly considering all the the numerous complaints I've had about your posts and the fact that you use more than one OptiBoard account to hide and obfuscate in direct violation of the 'rules' you claim to hold so dear. I'm sure that since the 'rules' are so important to you that you would want me to apply them to you as well, right?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you suggesting that I restrict OptiBoard members from posting their opinions?

Also what 'rules' are you speaking of exactly? And if you feel someone is breaking those 'rules' then why don't you report them? While you're at it, why don't you just give me a list of ALL the people you have a problem with and what you want me to do about it.
    Yes my sarcasm was wrong I apologize I realized and corrected before your response. Yes I post under 2 accounts one where I can speak my mind honestly and another where I can say what others expect of me without fear of retaliation. I was not aware that multiple accounts were against the rule. Get rid of one or both. I really just enjoy reading more then contributing but little digs like the comment in the post above are immature and vindictive. Chris' post not Steves

Occupation
    Apology accepted.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Thread Information