Thread: Anyone have some great pics of theme merchandising they've done??

OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Idea Anyone have some great pics of theme merchandising they've done??

I'm remolding/remerchandising my store. I'm going to build theme displays. ie: have a sospiri display utilizing oak barrels, wine bottles, and other central Italian themed stuff. Also, I;m going to make a Prodesign area with a mossy grass table top and other nature inspired props. Does anyone some cool pictures of theme displays they've done? I would love to see them and maybe get inspiration for some other ideas!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I'm very interested in seeing some merchandising ideas as well. Prodesign is one of our top sellers so I'd like to see what you're doing there.

Are you able to post pictures in the forum? I've got some pictures of merchandising I've found on Pinterest that would be good to share here.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by matt2939 View Post
    I'm very interested in seeing some merchandising ideas as well. Prodesign is one of our top sellers so I'd like to see what you're doing there.

Are you able to post pictures in the forum? I've got some pictures of merchandising I've found on Pinterest that would be good to share here.

You can post pictures to this site. You can load up from photo sharing sites or you can load from your computer using the tool bar picture icon in the reply box.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by matt2939 View Post

When I'm done (hopefully mid next week) I will try to post some pics

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Google window displays, I have used department store window displays as my primary source of inspiration.

Occupation
    abd218d8c6bdf38a263b3c3230770f0b.jpg

I can't figure out how to get the image to show in the post. But you can click on the link and see it. I wish I could easily find more ideas like this.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Perhaps you could try expanding your field of view?

Don't just try to find images of spectacle merchandising, I bet you can find ideas for shop window styles on pinterest, or similar. The good thing about that is you can pretty much steal ones you like, without looking like you're copying directly!

Having said that, this is awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6d34b14d417d22460de724d95bc0cc75.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	10722

Occupation
    Ok here are some of the merch theme displays I created over the weekend after shopping at Hobby Lobby. If you have a HL store near you its is the best place to get merch theme display props! BTW hobbylobby.com always has 40% coupon, just bring it up on your phone and show the cashier to save $$$. Anyway, here are some pics from my phone:

Name:	photo(9)404.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	10746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(10)404.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	10747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(11)404.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	10748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(12)404.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	10749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(13)404.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	10750

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Great job! Thanks for sharing the photos, they are inspiring.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Do you have a website? We are just re-doing ours again. www.eyetopian.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Do you have a website? We are just re-doing ours again. www.eyetopian.com
    Nice site, but what a stunning collection! Have you ever sold that $35.000 Maybach?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Nice site, but what a stunning collection! Have you ever sold that $35.000 Maybach?
    We have not sold anything that expensive yet. In the past 90 days we have sold 3 for $18,500, 1 for $15,000 and a cheap one for $8,500. They are all encrusted with diamonds. The ones without diamonds are around $4,000-$6,000. Last week we sold a $4,000 frame and 3 $2,000 Maybachs.

We love the luxury frames and cannot sell anything RX'able for under $300; does not work in our world.

Occupation
    We have not sold anything that expensive yet. In the past 90 days we have sold 3 for $18,500, 1 for $15,000 and a cheap one for $8,500. They are all encrusted with diamonds. The ones without diamonds are around $4,000-$6,000. Last week we sold a $4,000 frame and 3 $2,000 Maybachs.

We love the luxury frames and cannot sell anything RX'able for under $300; does not work in our world.
    Wow amazing frames! Ultra luxury for sure! I would love to offer those kinds of products but the risk is so high investing into such a $ inventory. What type of demographic do you guys have. I did a zillow search by your store and its looks like a nice area but not one where I would have imagined for carrying these types of products (I though the homes would be $1M - $10M+). Do you sell to tourist and out of state orders also? Have you built a brand for your store over time and attract people from far and wide? I would love to know so I can emulate!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwmack View Post
    Wow amazing frames! Ultra luxury for sure! I would love to offer those kinds of products but the risk is so high investing into such a $ inventory. What type of demographic do you guys have. I did a zillow search by your store and its looks like a nice area but not one where I would have imagined for carrying these types of products (I though the homes would be $1M - $10M+). Do you sell to tourist and out of state orders also? Have you built a brand for your store over time and attract people from far and wide? I would love to know so I can emulate!
    It is really simple; We wear them and show them to everybody for the past 15 years. We tell folks the average pair of complete glasses is over $1,100+, but they will have fun and see as well as possible. We are committed to offering the best in the world and it is expensive. We live in a demographic far less wealthy than Scottsdale and if we can do it anybody can sell expensive luxury pieces if you have them to show.

Occupation
    Thanks Craig maybe I can start to move our practice in that direction. It's nice to see people having success with the ultra high end, its makes the inventory expense not so scary.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It is really simple; We wear them and show them to everybody for the past 15 years. We tell folks the average pair of complete glasses is over $1,100+, but they will have fun and see as well as possible. We are committed to offering the best in the world and it is expensive. We live in a demographic far less wealthy than Scottsdale and if we can do it anybody can sell expensive luxury pieces if you have them to show.
    If i could only convince my boss to do the same. But he is afraid to scare away the low-to middle income customers. I believe that we can gain far more than what we may possibly lose.
    Anyway, here are some nice ideas. I wished they were mine.

Name:	1..jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	10771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2..jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	10772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3..jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	10773

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    There are lots of great merchandising ideas on Pinterest. Put in the search: Visual Merchandising, Store Window
    Other boards dedicated to Merchandising ideas:
    Eyewear Display Ideas http://www.pinterest.com/Optigirls/m...ewear-display/
    Looking to remodel: http://www.pinterest.com/Optigirls/v...merchandising/
    If you are looking for Eyeball- Eyewear Decor http://www.pinterest.com/Optigirls/m...ewear-display/
    If you are looking for Unique types of Signage http://www.pinterest.com/Optigirls/s...lptured-signs/
    Want to reuse some of those old eye- charts- some Eye Chart Decor Ideas- http://www.theopticalvisionsite.com/.../#.UwgMTHmT9Q0

Thread Information