Thread: Slumloard

OptiBoard Apprentice

Hey everyone,

Well, I am Houston, I am not used to the cold like some of you, it's 65 degress in my apartment, 45 degrees outside, and he hasn't turned the pilot light on for the heater. When I called him, he simply asked me if I had a blanket and bascially told me to deal with it.

I would complian, report him, but I am paying for a two bedroom in a nice part of town for $450 a month. So, in an attempt to make it warmer in my apartment, I am cooking again, since my gas oven heats up my apartment in normal cases, then lets hope that it does it again now!

The purpose of this, make you smile.

Richard

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Hey richard is that 65F now that is well er warm to me better get the t-shirt and shorts out not the blanket :D Have a nice day over their and do you sell your Brownies online ?

John "Got to keep warm" R

------------------
    Every day a grind
    Every week a bind
    www.iooi.co.uk

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Richard, is the pilot light where you can light it yourself??

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Richard,

Before I started sending my glass work out to a wholesale lab for finishing, I used to fire up the KIRK heat units in my rather small lab. They took the nip out of the air and I was even able to set burgers and other food on top of them to keep my lunch warm.

Keep your toes moving

Kevin

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use to do the same with our big chem treaters. Great for keeping food warm.

My house in Fla is over 80 years old and doesn't have heat.....but then again, I would only need it one or two nights a year.

OptiBoard Apprentice

Big Smile

Here in the "great white north" of Upstate New York it snowed today. Of course it all melted as it hit the ground but it was white in the air and on the cars! They are expecting a high of 55 later this week but mostly it will be in the 30s.
    I'm too cheap and stubborn to turn the heat on, so it is a comfortable (when you're wearing a heavy sweater) 52 degrees inside my house. When I can afford it, it is a luxury to heat the house up to 65. I try to hold out until Halloween but usually break down between the 15th and 20th. I like to heat things up by baking too. Its apple season here so its time for apple crisp!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

DO BE CAREFUL when using the oven or stove to heat your place. I did that one time in an old apartment and it brought the carbon monoxide levels up.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Hi All,
    It finally chilled out a little bit here in Florida. Of course, the locals consider the current weather (45 degrees at night) to be a "cold snap." To me, it just means I can start to actually wear the "other 70%" of the clothes in my closet (slowly making the transition away from sweaters and turtlenecks).

I suspect my upcoming visit back "home" (to Pennsylvania, can't wait till the 17th :) ) will once again "remind" me of what really chilly weather feels like! It's always neat to travel North. We stop for gas north of Atlanta and its a little chilly... we stop again near Roanoke, and its kinda nippy... we stop one last time near Hagerstown, and its usually pretty blustery.

Pete "can you tell I'm ready to go???" Hanlin

PS- too bad you don't have a fireplace (hey, just "create" one if he won't turn the heat on... ;) ), ours usually keeps the house warm on cool evenings without our heater coming on

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

I can sympathize except I do have heat. I'm in SW Florida and it went down to the mid 50's here the other night.I wish I turned the heat on.It got below 70 in the house. You Northerners may laugh but thats bone chilling cold for us. Thank god its up to mid 70's during the day, we can handle that.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Us Northerners laugh? Well I would, but here in B.C. CANADA, as I write this, its a sweltering 80, I played a round of golf this morning in shorts and t-shirt. My sled dogs are getting bored...

Thread Information