Thread: Adlens Focuss

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Adlens Focuss

I have a lot of information about this product from their UK website, but little about the three new styles and the various colors. Has anyone actually seen them? They will supposedly be a Lenscrafters exlusive for the first half of 2014, and then the rest of us will be able to buy them. Thanks for any info!
    Lost and confused in an optical wonderland!

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    That might help ------------------------> http://www.adlens.com/

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Chris, but I've already been there and it doesn't give me the info I want, like colors. Ah well...I'll have to call the UK on Monday.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I have several pairs, the colors are great, the John Lennon is a one for one concept, like them and think they are a really good 2nd pair or 3rd pair sale if priced appropriately. They have reps all over the country.. and have a local office. Scott McClure is a RM with them scott.mcclure@adlens.com 864-634-3535

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If you have an inexpensive frame line, stock lenses, and an edger, why would you want to use the Adlens when you can produce your own inexpensive extra pair?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Two words:
    Variable Focus.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Hello! You can find more information about Adlens® Focuss™ by signing up for their Newsletter here: http://www.adlens.com/eyewear/adlens-focuss & or by contacting their US office here: 888-459-9793!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have a full set of them, the round plastic Hemisphere model and the Emergensee model with display signs and POP material. I have only been able to sell one pair. I find the clients are amused by the concept but are afraid to take the plunge. The variable focus is only really available on the Emergensee model. Once the focus is set, on the Hemishere model the knobs are removed,and they are no longer a variable lens. The emergency model has much more invisable knobs and can be worn and adjusted anytime. It is just not a pretty as the other models. I am so frustrated with the whole affair, I would sell the whole lot to anyone for a reasonale offer. I do not think these are the big wave of the future. The idea is good, but the variable focus adjustment method, must become less visable and a permanent function. Perhaps, in time this will become the new way to make Rx eyeglasses.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Barry,
    As stated above, once the knobs are removed, the Rx is fixed. Or are you referring to the variable focus ability because you can set differnt Rx in each eye.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The Adlens adjustables/Emergensee are adjustable. And if you don't detach the knobs on Hemisphere/Lennon, they remain adjustable too.

B

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe View Post
    I have a full set of them, the round plastic Hemisphere model and the Emergensee model with display signs and POP material. I have only been able to sell one pair. I find the clients are amused by the concept but are afraid to take the plunge. The variable focus is only really available on the Emergensee model. Once the focus is set, on the Hemishere model the knobs are removed,and they are no longer a variable lens. The emergency model has much more invisable knobs and can be worn and adjusted anytime. It is just not a pretty as the other models. I am so frustrated with the whole affair, I would sell the whole lot to anyone for a reasonale offer. I do not think these are the big wave of the future. The idea is good, but the variable focus adjustment method, must become less visable and a permanent function. Perhaps, in time this will become the new way to make Rx eyeglasses.
    Interesting. I leave several demo pairs on each deak, along with their "Try me on!" POPs. People ALWAYS ask about them. I describe the technology as first generation, and invite the client to "dial" in their Rx. Voila! They are impressed. Then the catch! The begin at $40-50! Selling about 2-3 pair a week right now.

B

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe View Post
    My original post was specifically about the Adlens Focuss, which is not yet available here. They are not the round John Lennon type, and they do include the patient's astigmatic correction. Now that I have finally seen the colors and styles, I think they are much more cosmetically acceptable. Too bad LC gets them first

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Santini View Post
    Two words:
    Variable Focus.

Key word.......Variable

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm all in!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    And the Emergensee is all over the internet For $25.00 .

Thread Information