Thread: haw to resize a precal/mets ?

Occupation
    Optometrist

Confused how to resize a precal/mets ?

I always want when i order progressive lenses (especially plus) to give them a paper sheet with all the specific details. But sometimes i receive the lenses and i cannot insert in frames because they give me a smaller lens (-1 or 2 mm).I want to ask haw to give them measurements with an addition of 2 mm in every direction, but I came up with a problem:
    exemple:
    lens width:53mm
    lens height:35mm
    Bridge width:20mm
    DP OD:33mm
    DP OS:33mm
    Fitting height:23mm
    To receive a bigger lens add +4mm on the lens width, +4 on the lens height, and +2 to the Fitting height
    MY question is that: do i modify the bridge or dp?
    Thank you!
    Last edited by wilddevil; 10-08-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    For what kind of Frame? A drill mount im assuming?

Why are you wanting to add 4mm?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I want to add 4 to the frame: 2 in every direction, because sometimes I when I receive the lens it is smaller then the one that I have drawn and calculate, so I must modify the frame or crop the lens on corners (I have mr bue by essilor).

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you talking about uncuts? Your ED is what you want to jack-up (on minus only) if your lab is sending too small of blanks to cut out. But there again, I'd change labs if I regularly got too small of blanks. There's either something wrong with their software or you are not supplying the correct info.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Are you talking about uncuts? Your ED is what you want to jack-up (on minus only) if your lab is sending too small of blanks to cut out. But there again, I'd change labs if I regularly got too small of blanks. There's either something wrong with their software or you are not supplying the correct info.
    When I take a progressive lens n=1,5 (hyperopic ones) I prefer to send to the optical supplier(essilor,hoya) a sheet of paper with all the measurements so that :
    - when I have half-rim frame and the prescription is too small I want to give them the specific thickness (2mm on the bottom corner) so that the lens not break (chip).
    -also on half-rim, and frame and the prescription is bigger reducing the diameter it can reduce the thickness in the center of the lens.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Go to the Essilor Website, go to Opsysweb and select your type of glasses and prescription. After that you can trace your Frame, or select a sample shape. There you can specify the thickness of the glasses.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter224 View Post
    Go to the Essilor Website, go to Opsysweb and select your type of glasses and prescription. After that you can trace your Frame, or select a sample shape. There you can specify the thickness of the glasses.
    Can u send me a user and password:optinoemaster@yahoo.com
    thank u

Thread Information