Thread: is base curve my issue? who to believe.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

is base curve my issue? who to believe.

Hi, I am having issues with a pair of glasses and I was hoping I could get an answer from you fine folks as to a solution. I have been a long time contact wearer and limited glasses wearer and recently bought a new pair of glasses. i work long hours on a computer and wanted glasses to be more comfortable. My opto checked my eyes and I was -2.25 left and -2.50 right. PD 59.5

I had these glasses made http://www.coastal.com/frames/ray-ba...prod21806.html with aspherical lenses, non glare.

I have been getting a fishbowl effect and was getting headaches after non-stop wearing for about 5 days, I went back to my eye doctor/eyeglasses store and had everything get rechecked and it was fine. (PD, prescription etc) So I have been adjusting better but I still get bowed vision when I look down or left and right. I get a bit dizzy still when I move my head quickly.

I went to a lens crafters to get them to take a look and the said a base curve 2 lens was used and that they would have used a 3 or 4 for this prescription with this size glasses and that was what might be causing it. I asked my original eyeglass store this and they said that base curve is not the problem with aspherical lenses.

The glasses are getting better but it has been over two weeks and I still haven't fully adjusted. My old glasses are much smaller and don't give off this effect. Just looking at my computer screen now it seems rounded, not fish eye but slightly bulged and rounded. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Whomever told you that switching to aspheric/flatter lenses is NOT a possible cause of a comparative perspective shift is plain out wrong.

For more advice, policy here is that you need to see a competent local eyecare professional to get more personally-tailored consultation.

Baryy

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are allowed to post in the Just Conversation forum and non-optical topics only. Please be aware that any questions involving optics or eyecare may be removed. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation.

Thread Information