Thread: Seiko GS and FX series

Save $$$$ with Acculab
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Seiko GS and FX series

I am the director of sales and marketing for Acculab located in Illinois. We have been selling an unusual amount of Seiko FX and GX Freeform lenses. Usually when our customers call us its because they looking for a job or there having issues. I cant believe how much positive feedback we are getting on these lenses. One office had 3 patients make special trips back to their office to tell them how great they could see. I am not sure if its the cost we are supplying these lenses or Both. Either way id like to hear some other feedback on your experience with the Seiko GX and FX lenses. Also, if you haven't tried them and are possibly considering saving some money on freeform while delivering excellent quality, you can feel free to pm me. I will do everything in my power to help out optiboaders... You guys Rock!

OptiBoard Novice James @ IcareLabs's Avatar
    Occupation
    I am the director of sales and marketing for Icarelabs and we are just starting up with the Seiko design. I was not sure what to expect from Seiko but my confidence has been increased with your post. Thank you for sharing this information. We use the IOT design as our house brand and have had very similar results. I was pleasantly surprised by the "WOW" factor that our customers received from their patients. We do not plan on changing this but will be adding the Seiko to our branded lines. I will post some of our results once we are up and running with Seiko.
    Last edited by James @ IcareLabs; 07-23-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Occupation
    I'm very curious to know what "an unusual amount" is.

We've been running Seiko for about 6 years now, both branded and un-branded. At this point, we're selling about 6 pairs of GX lenses for every 1 pair of other progressive lenses (includes both conventional and Free Form). It's actually a pretty even split between the GX101 and GX201 designs.

Are they the greatest lens ever made with no non-adapts or issues ever ever ever? No, of course not. We average 1~2 non-adapts per month.

Are they a good solid entry level Free Form lens? Yes. While it doesn't take POW measurements into account, it's still a well designed lens, and certainly a step (or two or three) above conventional progressives.

(Personal Amusement Note: I looked at the websites for each of your labs. It amuses me to no end to be able to look at the names labs come up with for their house Free Form designs. And I always love how I can look what what's listed and know exactly which designs are coming from which lens designer, to the point that I can probably tell exactly which IOT designs are which for the Icarelabs house Free Form lenses.)

(Other Personal Note: I am NOT the director of sales, marketing, or anything else in the lab I work for. Currently my job description is about 6 pages long, single spaced, and until recently I didn't even bother with job titles since I did so many things for so many different people/departments. However, of the ones I have, the two that would be pertinent to this discussion would be Product Manager and Lens Inventory Manager.) If anyone would like a non-sales, non-marketing, production oriented view on these or any other Shamir, Seiko, or IOT Free Form lens, feel free to PM me.

Last Note: I am not in any way "bashing" sales or marketing departments. They have a very important place in the success of labs and optical businesses. I just tend to take a Dilbertian view of them.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Save $$$$ with Acculab
    Occupation
    I got the perfect title for ya....; )

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    lmao! Just met with JC1111 and all I gotta say is OMG. You all need to check out Acculab. Im in shock.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm very curious to know what "an unusual amount" is
    its like a Mountme hat...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    love the service from this place! got my first job back from them, was a house FF digital and PT had that WOW factor... he was very impressed. I cant wait to do more with them.

Save $$$$ with Acculab
    Occupation
    Your the man!!! you are running an excellent practice out there. We look forward to doing more business with people like you. Thank you Sir

Thread Information