No talk about how much $$ ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No talk about how much $$ ....

Closed thread for TROLLs intro - got me thinking about how there's a lot of discussion on what opticians make in this scenario, that place, etc.

as far as making more profit from smart buying and charging whatever you feel necessary for your service....don't complain about pay if you're afraid to charge. Or rappings as someone put it.
    theres more money to be earned when its earned.
    thats all, I never really rant but its annoying cuz my attitude doesn't drive ppl online. It drives them through our front door and throwing money by the fistful :)
    maybe ill put a pole in the waiting room ;)

Fist bump. Quality work stands for itself.

Comment

If theyd pay more I get on that pole. I never apoligize for charging or making money. On occasion ive even sold for above cost if a customer was willing to cut their own lens. Of course we would have to work out a leasing agreement for using our equipment and then a training fee to certify them on operating our equipment, etc. its usually cheaper to pay me to just do it for you.
      http://www.opticians.cc

Creator of the industries 1st HTML5 Browser based tracer software.
      Creator of the industries 1st Mac tracer software.
      Creator of the industries 1st Linux tracer software.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeOptics View Post
        If theyd pay more I get on that pole. I never apoligize for charging or making money. On occasion ive even sold for above cost if a customer was willing to cut their own lens. Of course we would have to work out a leasing agreement for using our equipment and then a training fee to certify them on operating our equipment, etc. its usually cheaper to pay me to just do it for you.
        Love it MakeOptics. I like the approach for the price of lenses. If people only understood what it is we have all (at least most of us) gone through to be in the position we are in. As a general rule, we don't charge nearly as much as, say an electician, with a similar employment structure in most licensed states.

Comment

Price would NOT be an issue for people if they could not see well with AND obtain glasses retailing for $50 or less. Because they can see well through such eyewear they wonder why YOU AND I won't sell at that price point. It really boils down to the cost of B&M and how much the optician wants to profit. Once this is explained we shouldn't get upset if the customer decides that those are not good enough reasons to pay more and purchase from us. A nice showroom, inventory people can try on , machinery to speed up delivery, personal service and knowledge are all worth something...just not to everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X