Thread: Advantica Insursance company makes members glasses in China and ships to U.S.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Advantica Insursance company makes members glasses in China and ships to U.S.

Advantica makes the glasses for their members. I now get shipments via FedEx from China. What's next?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good luck in talking to the lab!

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Actually, call the FDA to see if the supplying lab is on the import list and if their imports are being tested for compliance.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper I now get shipments via FedEx from China.....................................

Quote Originally Posted by eyedude View Post

Advantica makes the glasses for their members. I now get shipments via FedEx from China. What's next?

..............90% of all your frames are made in China and over 90 % of the lenses used are also made in China or next to it. Do you really believe that they can not assemble Rx glasses in their with the latest equipment installed labs ???

EMS started to deliver small parcels to this continent from China for a few Dollars and all the others like Fedex/UPS and DHL have now jumped on the band wagon and deliver at a fraction of what they charge the other way.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eyedude View Post

Sears optical started doing that two years ago!

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I deal with advantica(unfortunate) and the lab that they have is here in florida.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1 View Post
    Sears optical started doing that two years ago!
    I was working for them when they started doing some jobs in Asia (although the labs I thought were in Thailand, not China) and the sad part is that the quality was ten times better than anything that ever came out of a Luxottica central lab.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by tdj View Post

I was working for them when they started doing some jobs in Asia (although the labs I thought were in Thailand, not China) and the sad part is that the quality was ten times better than anything that ever came out of a Luxottica central lab.

Start looking at some videos on China, they have a better infrastructure than the USA and Canada, better trains and roads. Their optical labs have the latest equipment made in Europe and the USA and the leading technicians have been trained in the USA and Europe for the last many years.

Please start waking up..................your big and loved corporations have brainwashed you into selling the most expensive item, as the most expensive progressives and AR coatings and now compete with you with the cheapest versions that also do the trick or are the exact same ones.

Governments and politicians are happy that one highly priced consumer good is now becoming a much less priced item on the market and will close an eye on the situation. Do do not believe that they will be your saviors.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Start looking at some videos on China, they have a better infrastructure than the USA and Canada, better trains and roads. Their optical labs have the latest equipment made in Europe and the USA and the leading technicians have been trained in the USA and Europe for the last many years.

Please start waking up..................your big and loved corporations have brainwashed you into selling the most expensive item, as the most expensive progressives and AR coatings and now compete with you with the cheapest versions that also do the trick or are the exact same ones.

Governments and politicians are happy that one highly priced consumer good is now becoming a much less priced item on the market and will close an eye on the situation. Do do not believe that they will be your saviors.
    +1

It's very "trendy" to bring up the Gucci-purse toting soccer mom in the brand-new Hummer who "can't afford" a pair of progressives... But this logic belongs in the same world as the "Welfare Queen"... Out there, but not indicative of the whole. Consider the college student living on work-study income, scholarships, financial aid, etc., no longer on/not on his/her parents' insurance... Can he or she afford a $XXX frame with $XX lenses and a $XXX AR coating?

Thinking that all of our patients are financially well-off misers is burying our heads in the sand. Most of our patients drifting to online are going there because it allows them to stretch their budget further, and because they see that they can get a comparable product for a significantly lower price. For all of the complaints about online eyewear, there's an important question not being asked: If I were in my patient's shoes, could I afford my products?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
    Actually, call the FDA to see if the supplying lab is on the import list and if their imports are being tested for compliance.
    Eventually customs is going to inspect one of these shipments and bring in the fda to check for registration, drop ball testing, etc.

Thread Information