Thread: Architect progressive

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Architect progressive

Hi

Can anybody tell me what the architect progressive is from RX club? Is it an office progressive and why is there 3 versions? I cannot find any information from the essilor website or online?

Thanks

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Beautiful name for a lens. Would you ever use a progressive lens as an architect ? A single vision lens would be the best or an old Executive Bifocal second.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy View Post
    Hi

Can anybody tell me what the architect progressive is from RX club? Is it an office progressive and why is there 3 versions? I cannot find any information from the essilor website or online?

Thanks
    Don't be fooled by the low price. It's not a good lens. Side distortion is there but smoothed out in the pair I tried. Distortion is so smooth you don't think it's there till you put back on your "good progressives." Basically it's an adaptar design made out of a single vision lens. That explains my experience.

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    All of their lenses are based off an Adaptar design recycled over and over. Their calendar probably still shows 1985 at their manufacturing facility. Its like building a jeep off a styrofoam chassis - very weak and very cheap.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Thanks for the information - I could not find the lens in the essilor catalog. I was temped to try a pair with the low price but I should probably avoid it.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks for the information - I could not find the lens in the essilor catalog. I was temped to try a pair with the low price but I should probably avoid it.
    It is a lens from RXCLUB, not in the essilor catalogue.
    You need an RXCLUB account to order them, I suppose.

FWIW I've tried a couple of pairs, uncoated and in-house-tinted for sunglasses, and they were fine.

Rising Star OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi

Thanks

This lens is from rx club a division of Essilor, it comes In three designs the Artitech 3.0 being the best in it's series. I tried a pair for myself and was very pleasantly surprised, there is very little swim effect and I found the reading zone generous, we use this lens everyday for our value patients, to date I may have dispensed about 50+ pairs with good results. I found the add power was slightly under corrected and I bump it up a quater.
    Hope this helps.
    my 2 cents.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeQ View Post
    This lens is from rx club a division of Essilor, it comes In three designs the Artitech 3.0 being the best in it's series. I tried a pair for myself and was very pleasantly surprised, there is very little swim effect and I found the reading zone generous, we use this lens everyday for our value patients, to date I may have dispensed about 50+ pairs with good results. I found the add power was slightly under corrected and I bump it up a quater.
    Hope this helps.
    my 2 cents.
    Have you found the need to bump the add even in the architect short?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeQ View Post
    Hope this helps.
    my 2 cents.
    Interesting! Thanks for the input. For the price it seems like a good option for patients with a small budget. Do you know if there is much difference in design between the 3 versions?

Thread Information