Thread: Newest Lens color invention by Essilor .................................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Newest Lens color invention by Essilor .................................

Essilor just invented and launched Blue Blocker (Melanine) Polycarbonate lenses in the UK, a principle which I introduced in 1982-83 = 30 years ago.

.......with full UV and blue blocking features ...................and you can tint them yourselves

Discover melanin technology
    Both UV rays and blue light are harmful to your eyes. Specifically, the blue light, also called High Energy Visible (HEV), increases the risk of premature retina ageing. For an intact vision, from your first baby steps and throughout life, use Essilor Airwear Prescription Melanin lenses and BNL Plano Non prescription Melanin lenses. Inspired by the natural defenses of the human body against the sun, our Melanin lenses filter both UV rays and blue light, while preserving color perception.
    Melanin lenses are equivalent to a sun lotion with a SPF (Sun Protection Factor) superior to 140.

see at -----------------> http://www.bnl-eurolens.com/en/conte...nin-technology
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 03-30-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Essilor just invented and launched Blue Blocker (Melanine) Polycarbonate lenses in the UK, a principle which I introduced in 1982-83 = 30 years ago.

.......with full UV and blue blocking features ...................and you can tint them yourselves

Discover melanin technology
    Both UV rays and blue light are harmful to your eyes. Specifically, the blue light, also called High Energy Visible (HEV), increases the risk of premature retina ageing. For an intact vision, from your first baby steps and throughout life, use Essilor Airwear Prescription Melanin lenses and BNL Plano Non prescription Melanin lenses. Inspired by the natural defenses of the human body against the sun, our Melanin lenses filter both UV rays and blue light, while preserving color perception.
    Melanin lenses are equivalent to a sun lotion with a SPF (Sun Protection Factor) superior to 140.

see at -----------------> http://www.bnl-eurolens.com/en/conte...nin-technology
    We all know UV is prevalent globally and that prolonged exposure sometimes has consequences, but..this is pathetic marketing praying on the weak minded and 'E' should be ashamed.

Years ago I was approached by a doctor to distribute special glasses with melanin filter lenses (plano and Rx) to a group of shift workers for a clinical trial. When I asked the doc how the lenses worked and what their benefits would be, he stated that shift workers were highly more likely to develop cancer due to their inconsistent sleeping pattern, long nights and lack of natural Vitamin D from the sun, and for that matter all people were at risk.

At that point, I was slightly intrigued until he put the spin on it that wearing these lenses all the time (day and night) would prevent cancer. When I asked him how he could determine that and what evidence he had so far, he simply said it was a hunch and self claimed. I was appalled and knew immediately this was merely profit driven and based on one's greed, so I naturally declined to partner.

The fact a large well known company would also attempt to market a healthy fashion tint and do the same thing while profiting on self claims and vulnerable weak minded people is absolutely sickening.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Umm...
    Dr. Jim Gallas was developing melanin lenses before that, back in the late 1970's. We worked with him in the very early 1980's then transferred his work to CR-39, which then ultimately became the Younger CR-39 Melanin line.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
    Umm...
    Dr. Jim Gallas was developing melanin lenses before that, back in the late 1970's. We worked with him in the very early 1980's then transferred his work to CR-39, which then ultimately became the Younger CR-39 Melanin line.
    Then who invented the internet?

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiTrace View Post
    It sure wasn't Al Gore!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiTrace View Post
    If you attribute bankrolling an invention/idea as inventing..............the US government is given credit.
    Eyes wide open

Thread Information