Thread: Essilor My Fit

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Essilor My Fit

I looked at Essior My Fit at VEE. It seems cool and great to have. Does anybody own a My Fit or something similar? I was also told about Essilor lens lab club for "free" My Fit. The rep for my area wasn't there, so I couldn't find out any information on that. Anyway, any thoughts on My Fit? love/hate? worth buying?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Before being locked into a contract with essilor, you should look into an independent system so you use any lenses you desire. I use the Optikam which I think is superior, takes extremely accurate, consistent measurements. Go to optikam.com if you are interested in comparing systems.
    Last edited by Opticianjw; 03-21-2013 at 05:25 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Not familiar with "My Fit". If you're talking about VisiOffice that's Essilor's DCS. You don't have to use Essilor lenses ( Though there are some Essilor/Varilux designs you can't order without one). It will give you the POW measurements you need to order any lens that incorporates those.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Saw and experienced M'eyefit at VEE. Unlike other offerings, which consist of attachments to an Ipad (3 or greater) plus software, the M'eyefit is based on a dedicated (Samsung) tablet. Both advantages and tradeoffs.

B

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The myfit is nice because it is smaller, portable, takes up way less space than the visi office, you can bring it to the patient rather than the other way around, they tested my measurements on it and it was actually accurate vs our old zeiss machine which was ... well not accurate haha, ever you can't do the physio or varilux s "fit" lenses with it, but you can use it for everything up to the very top tier of the essilor lenses. I know that at least in our region, they're offering credits toward the machines if you use the "definity 3" lens, which gives you $4 for each one sold. As far as a "free" machine, i'm not sure you can get the initial operating system for free, but they offer promo's with different lenses and "edge" points that give you credits towards the "rent" for the machine.
    "what i need is a strong drink and a peer group." ... Douglas Adams - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The Essilor Device has the lowest initial outlay: Just over $600 will put one on your desk within 1 week. But the rest of the total dollars are spread out over 3 years at aporx $120/mo.

You can more or less be sure that at around 4 years, you will want the latest version of *any* device, since tech moves so fast.

Get used to it if you want to stay on the cutting edge.

B
    Last edited by Barry Santini; 03-21-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Bad address email on file ldyflsh's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    spoke with one of my labs this week on the My fit. $670.00 and $119.00 a month for 36 months. Can be used with any lab that is connected to Visionweb. Essilor lenses give you credit towards the billing. Looks a a decent system...presenting it to the MDs next week.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Thanks guys!!!

I recently learned that AIT has VisuReal, which is similar to My Fit. Thoughts?

Thread Information