Thread: Help Feed America!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Help Feed America!

Test "Hunger and your zip code" to 35253. And Walmart will help Feed America by securing 7 meals for your local food bank.

Say what you will about Walmart, but annually they donate millions. Help them help others!!

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people who use the food shelves also work at Walmart/Sam's Club. If they'd pay their employees a living wage, allow them to work 40 hour weeks and provide them with basic health care, Walmart/Sam's Club wouldn't be so interested in polishing their image by "giving away" food.

And remember, these two companies are a contributor to the vast trade imbalance with China AND take away your livelihood every day with their cheap eyewear.

Do you really want to be involved with businesses like that?

Instead, go to your local grocery store and speak with the grocery manager and ask if they have prepacked grocery bags you can buy for donation to your local food shelf. Call up your food shelf and donate cash money. Don't buy into the Walmart/Sam's Club "help me make my image look better" club. And fer crying out loud, don't text them a doggone thing. All you are doing is giving them your cell pone number and you will start to be innundated with text message ads.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Don't speak about what you don't know. You have not worked there and are going from what you read in the paper. I'm offering people that are interested in helping others a way to do it. If you don't want to, so be it. There aren't better situations at all lots of other major retail companies. Since WM is one of the largest employers or the largest, they are who you will hear about most. Don't like it? Move on! When there are times to pay something forward by just making a text, how can you not want to do something as easy as that. No matter who is going to make the donation. Bias and singlemindedness are things that has made America what it is. Sure 1st amendment allows for prejudious, narrow-mindedness, but that is no reason to live and breath it.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    www.TheHungerSite.com donates a cup of food for a click which directs you to their advertisers page. You can donate a cup of food once a day.

Today's clicks have funded the value of 86,251.8 cups of food.* Thank you!

When you click, we display ads from our site sponsors. 100% of the money from these advertisers goes to our charity partners, who fund programs to provide food for the hungry at home and around the world. Our store gives a portion of every purchase to our charity partners. Please tell your friends!

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyChief View Post
    Don't speak about what you don't know.
    Have you ever done a Google search with the keywords "Walmart" and "Lawsuit"? The results are very interesting. Almost all having to do with wage discrimination, wage theft, and sexual discrimination in hiring and assigning of hours.

You have not worked there and are going from what you read in the paper.

True, I have not, however, a cousin is part of one of the on-going lawsuits, so I'm far better informed than you'd like to think.

I'm offering people that are interested in helping others a way to do it. If you don't want to, so be it.

Sure, and I and others have provided some ideas that they may consider.

There aren't better situations at all lots of other major retail companies. Since WM is one of the largest employers or the largest, they are who you will hear about most. Don't like it? Move on!

I disagree. Walmart is the WORST of the worst, preying on people who have no other options, all for the almighty dollar. There are far better retail places to work, Target for example. Move on? Again, I disagree. The more people speak out about the wrongs in our society, the better the chances are that things may change.

When there are times to pay something forward by just making a text, how can you not want to do something as easy as that. No matter who is going to make the donation. Bias and singlemindedness are things that has made America what it is. Sure 1st amendment allows for
    prejudice, narrow-mindedness, but that is no reason to live and breath it.

Wow, bias, singlemindedness, prejudice and narrow-mindedness??? Really?

I'm sorry you feel that way, but perhaps if you looked outside your own prejudices you might see the bigger picture of a company that has single-handedly destroyed small town businesses and part of the American way of life. THOSE were the things that made America what it was, and that is the company who put it in the past tense.

To accuse me of what you did goes far beyond the pale. You should be ashamed.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    According to you, I did what to be ashamed of??

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I think we can agree to disagree about the overall impact of WalMart on our nation and economy. What I really would like to see is that we do this with some mutual respect. Can you guys do that?

Personally, I hate WalMart and would have absolutely nothing to do with them. However if they want to give 7 meals to a local food bank without having to give them any business - then I see nothing wrong with that. In fact if this offer is legitimate, I think everyone in America should do this right now.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information