Thread: Paralell to glasses online there are Dentures on-line............

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Paralell to glasses online there are Dentures on-line............

Paralell to glasses online there are Dentures on-line

Similar to the forever discussion on who+ how to take the PD for a pair of glasses, in the dental industry they solved their problem and are making and selling dentures on-line.

FAQs

The following are answers to common questions regarding ordering affordable dentures through the mail.
    How long have you been providing dentures through the mail?
    We have provided dentures through the mail since 2006. Over that time, methods and procedures have been adjusted and perfected. Our E-Z Self Impression Technique has been used in the fabrication of over 1,000 dentures. With this system we are finally able to produce predictable dentures. No hassles, no worries, and a 30 day money-back guarantee.

http://www.denturesonline.com/FAQs_ep_40.html

What do you say ????????????????????????????

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Chris do you have shares in the internet or something?

Occupation

Redhot Jumper No shares .......................... but by having been active on the internet ......

No shares .......................... but by having been active on the internet since it went on line, and have personally learned how it works, I am now reaching other industries world wide with products developed and made for use by the eyglass industry.

Some product I make has now made into more than 20 major car brands worldwide and I just learned yesterday that my Hyrophobic lens treatment is now used in the latest sunlight readable LCD display's.

If you do not realize the power the internet has over our life and the changes it makes to our style of living you will be at the loosing end.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The major difference here, Chris, is:

I don't see the online denture industry suggesting that a person go to their local denturist for "free" measurements, nor do I see them say that it would be suitable to walk in to their Willyworld for

free "adjustments" as an entitlement, like our industries bottom feeders are doing.
    Eyes wide open

Bad address email on file Randle Tibbs, ABOM's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I understand Chris' point and while I may not like the idea of on-line optical purchases by consumers, it is not going away. In fact, I only see it growing. From what I have read, it is growing about 2% per year. Too often, we who have been in the industry for a while are still stuck with our old ideas of how we think the world should work but we have to wake up to the fact that with the new generation of consumers who are internet savvy (I know pre-teens who can run circles around me concerning computers and the internet), this is where they are now doing there purchasing. Look at other type of retailers who have B&M stores, they now have on-line stores as well.
    Sorry about being so verbose, but we have to look at reality and change the way we are doing business if we want to stay in business.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by uncut View Post

The major difference here, Chris, is:

I don't see the online denture industry suggesting that a person go to their local denturist for "free" measurements, nor do I see them say that it would be suitable to walk in to their Willyworld for

free "adjustments" as an entitlement, like our industries bottom feeders are doing.

Last Wednesday I finally, after 2 1/2 weeks, got a new denture from my local Dentist with a dental lab in the back, here in naples. I was told to come back immediately if there would be some pressure points and it would start to hurt. I was warned that waiting too long would not be a good thing.
    By Saturday evening the 2 pressure points hurt real good, so that I walked around the whole weekend without my upper teeth. Yesterday at 8 am I went back, they made the corrections and I walked out 10 minutes later.

If I would have bought them on line I would have needed some adjustments as well. If the dentist would have charged me their usual fees for the correction I would have said OK and just paid to be able to eat without the pain you suffer.

Similar case for on-line glasses, only you call them consumers bottom feeders, and tell them to go back where they got the glasses.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    .... And what would you do if the dentist told you he didn't work on dentures that he didn't make? (He didn't want the liability of ruining your online set?)

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    .... And what would you do if the dentist told you he didn't work on dentures that he didn't make? (He didn't want the liability of ruining your online set?)
    Good point. I don't want to be responsible for someone elses poor quality craftsmanship.

Occupation

I may not like the idea of on-line optical purchases by consumers ...................

Quote Originally Posted by Randle Tibbs, ABOM View Post

I understand Chris' point and while I may not like the idea of on-line optical purchases by consumers, it is not going away. In fact, I only see it growing. From what I have read, it is growing about 2% per year.

Sorry about being so verbose,
    but we have to look at reality and change the way we are doing business if we want to stay in business.

Thank you Randle................................... We also have to take into account that there is still half a generation of older people which at the most have learned to e-mail their grand children that they are sending them some money, so that they will answer and say "Thank you".

That generation is going to be dead in the next 5 to 10 years and will not show up in the B&M stores to have their glasses adjusted or purchase new ones. We will be left with a generation for which computers have been a household item forever.

Watching a group of 5 people in a fairly expensive restaurant and observing that they do not talk to each other. Each one has a hand held device in their hands and is continuously texting. This seems to be today's fashionable behavior and in general accepted.

We all have to adapt to a new and very different world.

Thread Information